Chapter IV - Who Did It?

Chapter IV- Who Did It?

(Y/n)'s POV

"Yay!" The loud cheering of the 6am bell could be heard from across the halls. I gently put the tablet back to where I found it and got up to my feet. "That was one hell of a first night," I muttered under my breath. I grabbed my small (f/c) Jansport backpack and rushed out of the office through east hallway, not even bothering to look back. I made my way towards the dining area, and to my surprise, boss was there! "Hey there, (y/n)! How was your first night?" I balled my fists in anger, remembering what had happened to me just a few hours ago. My instincts told me to just punch that cheap fat fucker right in the face.

At first, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, but then I thought that it would be quite rude to do so. "Well, everything was fine. None of them really bothered me," I lied. By the look on his face, I could tell that he was pretty much convinced with the lie. That's my talent. A smirk crept up on my face, as I walked out of this god damned building. My hands slowly pushed the glass door open as I slowly waltzed out of the haunted pizzeria.

I went over to the pizzeria's parking lot, then towards the bike racks. My hands dug around in my pockets for the keys, in hopes that it didn't fall off during my captivity. A relieved sigh escaped my being as I felt the tiny metal shits in the very bottom of my left pocket. I slowly picked my bike lock's key from the group and slid it in the keyhole. (Don't you fucking dare, perverts) The lock let out a click, signifying that it was unlocked, almost a second after I twisted the key. I put the rattling chains in my backpack and rode off in my bike.

My house was in sight as I noticed that I wasn't wearing a helmet, or any protective gear at all. Fuck, YOLO. I gently tightened my grip on the breaks when my bike was positioned where the garage door was. I got off and flicked open the garage. Everything was so much different because the damn car was missing. Mom and dad probably went somewhere. I placed my bike in its place and raced in to my beloved bedroom.

I opened the wooden door to reveal what I called 'my bedroom'. It was unusual because it's cleaner than it was when I left for the first day, -ahem- I mean night, of work. The sound of friction against the floor and my shoes brought me closer to the dresser where I found a note written on a white post-it. It was obviously my mom's since she's the only one using this type of colored post-it. (Remember you are adopted in this story)

(Y/n),
We just went out to get some groceries. We'll be back soon.
~Anhjelline (if that's your name please change that)

I let out a sigh as I read that. Even in notes she wants me to call her by her name instead of 'mom'. I'll never be a part of this fucking family. When I was finished reading, I crumpled the post-it and threw it in the trash can. However, the feeling of being unwanted still haunted me as I skipped in the shower.

~~~

I hurriedly jumped down the stairs while excitement started to fill me up. I wasn't quite sure, but I sensed that there were pancakes in the dining area! It wasn't my fault that I loved pancakes, they were just too yummy. I started munching on the annoyingly mouthwatering dish that was conveniently placed on a porcelain plate. Everything seemed so quite inside the house. Due to the fact that I was alone, I ended up a bit scared. Autophobia can get the worst out of some people.

After washing the utensils I used, I rushed towards my bedroom in order to catch some flying z's. However, that's not what my brain wanted me to do. I was laying down in bed, curling in the blankets, yet there existed an uneasy feeling in my gut. Who was that guy who helped me? Why did he do it? A small debate started, but it's end was very unclear.

After what seemed like fifteen minutes, I still couldn't get the guy off of my mind, him nearly getting in my nerves. I didn't understand why I was thinking of him too much, besides the fact that he had saved me from a brutal death, maybe I should have thanked him first. My eyes started to drop as I got a bit drowsy. A tired smile climbed up on my face right before I fell in a peaceful slumber.

~~~Dreamland~~~

"Damn," I muttered under breath as I was back at that hell hole for the seventh night. I swear, once I'm finished with my week, I'm never going back to this hell hole ever again. I plopped on the office chair and grabbed the tablet. Throughout the week, I had devised a strategy. Only check cameras 2A, 2B, 4A, 4B, and, occasionally, 1C. After that, listen carefully. If animatronic footsteps could be heard loud and clear, check door lights, then repeat. I had specific power rates for each hour:

12am - 100%
1am - 85%
2am - 65%
3am - 49%
4am - 37%
5am- whatever the fuck is left
6am- possibly 5% below or 0%

I went on with this strategy because, even if I run out of power, the 6am bell would always ring before I get killed. This was proved because of the other nights, nearly getting killed at the same time.

It was about 4am when a female child's laughter could be heard. "What the hell?!" I screamed. Suddenly, a golden bear appeared in front of me. It was slumping down, like it was just an empty costume. The bear grabbed me by the collar and said, "Say 'hello' to your awaiting death."

~~~

I jolted up on my bed yelling, "Aaaah! What the hell?!" My head started to shake violently as the nightmare's story came over to me once again. Who or what was that bear? Boss didn't tell me about it.