Chapter 3 - Mondstadt Needs Better Security

'Thoughts.'
"Speak."

~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up at night, your heavy eyelids slowly opening up. After letting out a yawn you did the cat stretch thingy and then looked around. You saw 3 bowls by the bed you were sleeping on, one full of water, cat food, and meat. Barbara had given up and just let you chose.

"A small snack wouldn't hurt, right?"

You walked towards the water bowl and drank some water, then ate some meat. The cat food tasted like stale expired wafers. After that you just sat on the pillow. Yeah there wasn't much to do with an injured leg was there? You were bored but what exactly could entertain you? Pushing stuff off the shelves? 'Wait that does sound entertaining tho-'

And so began your quest of knocking down as many items as you can, of course only the ones that wouldn't break when they fall. While you were knocking books off shelves you suddenly got an idea that would probably screw up the timeline but, eh. Maybe you could sneak downstairs and knock the Holy Lyre Der Himmel off of it's stand. All for shihs and giggles. Yeah, it'll be fine.

'First i need a way out of this room... I don't think Barbara locked the door. Hopefully. I could probably jump onto the door handle and twist it open.'

You lunged forward and grabbed the doorknob with your paws, the weight of your body twisting it and causing the door to swing open. 'Lesgoooooo.'

It was nighttime so you just needed to sneak down the stairway towards the lyre. You walked down the stairway and found yourself in a large room with pillars located everywhere. There were desks and shelves holding various books, plants, and more. Various guards were also patrolling the area.

You could definitely use the shelves and desks as cover, and you could even attract guards with your meow to get them somewhere you wanted if needed. Slowly creeping towards the desks, you hid from the guards and moved from desk to desk when they weren't looking.

One of the guards were blocking the way and it would be hard to sneak past him. You walked up towards one of the platforms and meowed to get his attention.

"Huh? Why is there a cat in here?" When you saw him move towards you location to investigate you jumped down and behind a bookshelf. You peeked from behind to see if there weren't any other guards, and when you saw none you walked down the hallway towards the end of the room and hid behind a desk. You could see the entrance to where the Holy Lyre was kept, but there was a guard watching over it. You meowed from the right ride of the desk and when he was very close to the right side of the desk,, you left from left side of the desk towards the room.

Upon entering, you saw the room was clean, with the holy lyre sitting on a podium on a raised platform in the middle of the room. You jumped up on the podium and swiped the lyre with your paw, and watched as it tumbled off its stand and onto the ground with a loud "clank"

'Oof... that was loud.'

"Hey!" You heard someone yell at you from behind. When you looked behind you, you saw the cicin mage that was supposed to steal the lyre in game. From the corner of your eye, you saw a blonde boy with long braided hair enter the room and saw the sight of a cat and a cicin mage.

When the cicin mage noticed that someone else was in the room, she ran for the lyre and picked it up. A small floating child appeared beside the blonde and was visibly confused at the sight of the cicin mage and cat.

You knew these two characters too well, Aether was the protagonist of genshin, and Paimon was his emergency food.

"Who are you?!"

The cicin mage put a finger on her lips and bowed, disappearing right before Aether lunged towards her, making Paimon even more confused.

"She disappeared!"