Chapter 39 - This Is So Not Slay

'Thought'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Noot noot!"

Aether turned his head in the direction of the oh so familiar sound. "Huh what was-" His eyes widened when he remembered the guy beside him. He jumped forward and shoved the man out of the way as they tumbled across the sand. The sound of an explosion could be heard behind him, and he felt the static prickle of electro on his back. The, what he assumed was a resistance soldier, looked behind him at the explosion with wide eyes as Aether stood up to look at the massacre behind him. He noticed the familiar smug slime of Zaicim as he walked forward, stepping over the unconscious bodies of the shogunate soldiers. As usual, he was accompanied by a hoard of living bombs he and y/n had named the NNBs. Aether always saw the two of them with their own respective hoard tailing them, but this time Zaicim's hoard seemed to have doubled in numbers.

Aether's gaze slowly moved to the golden shoulder plate on Zaicim's shoulders where y/n usually resided, yet there was no y/n to be found. "Zaicim! There you are." Paimon said as she appeared beside him in a cloud of constellations. "Yes, yes, good to see you too. Anyways, we need to find y/n." He said as he approached Aether. "What? Y/n? Oh yeah, where are they?" Aether's worried only increased. You basically stuck to Zaicim like glue, and he never seemed worried about your wellbeing most of the times you went off to do who knows what. The fact that he was looking for you right now doesn't suggest anything good. "Hell like I know. Listen, something happened when we left. We went to the shakkei pavilion to find something to help restore her memories because she kept on forgetting it. We found it, but it didn't go well. Now that I've seen how they acted, I fear that it has something to do with..." Aether looked at him expectantly when he trailed off. "Something to do with what?" He asked. "Actually, never mind."

"Uhm... Hello there. Thanks for saving me." The three all looked towards the resistance soldier. "Thank you so much for your help. I'm Teppei of the Gobious platoon. I'm with the resistance. I was sent to the frontline just recently. I was looking forward to doing my part, but it seems like I fell at the first hurdle..." Teppei said with shame. "You aren't dressed like resistance soldiers. Have you come to join us?" Aether nodded at his question. "I'll bring you back to camp, but first let me bring you up to speed on the current situation.

While Aether and Paimon continued to diligently listen to everything the soldier said, Zaicim didn't listen to jack shit. The information he kept spilling he already knew about, and only half of it was somewhat useful info. All he cared about was finding where ¥0v went so he could do something about it. When Zaicim looked at ¥0v, he sow brilliant golden irises instead of the e/c ones he was so used to. This wasn't you at all, so he should stop calling !7 that. If this is what he thinks it is, then he has no doubt that !7 is currently trying to contact the abyss order. "Serve without hesitance, assist without fail." The key words that Experiment:Hjarta was supposed to be coded and programmed around. To live the rest of your life as nothing but a tool for the people, regardless of what needs to be done. If this is what is currently happening, he needs to find you fast before !7 finds the abyss order and is turned into a living machine gun.

If he already knows how to track down !7, its just a matter of how to keep !7 secured.

~~~~~

There was a feeling of pure joy in his chest as the small child giggled. It was pure and full of innocence. The child sat on his shoulders, the semitransparent violet veil he once wore was placed on top of the child's head. The child's hand reached up into the branches to pluck off one of the lavender melons growing from it. He then heard a loud rustle of the branches beside him. Turning his head to look at his side, he saw them hanging onto a high branch of the tree, using one hand to hold on and the other to pick the melons. He heard the child on his shoulders gasp in amazement. "Thats so cool! Why didn't you tell us you could do that!" The child said as they let go of the branch and landed onto the ground. "Well, you didn't ask. Besides, its a special me thing that you can't possibly learn to do." They said smugly with a smug smile on their face as they handed the melons to the child. "Just wait until I'm not sick anymore. I'll jump ten times higher than both of you!"