Chapter 14 - The Man, The Myth, The Legend!

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

You had exited liuli pavilion and Aether walked up to Zhongli to speak about details regarding his funeral. Paimon popped up beside Aether as Zhongli began to speak. You sat down by some bushes while they continued to talk with each other and began to groom yourself. When they were done speaking, Aether called for you as Zhongli began to walk away. You sat up and followed them to the guy who you always heard saying something about betting on jade in game. "Welcome to the jade mystery my friends! Would you like to try your luck betting on jade?" He asked as he gave a small wave. "Betting? No, no, we're here for um... what was it again?" Paimon asked as she looked at Aether. "Noctilucous jade, of radiant grade at the very least." Zhongli said. "Radiant grade noctilucous jade? I see, you're not a tourist. My apologies, I have some here at your perusal." He pulled out some noctiloucus jade and lay them out on the table. "What do you think? The jade mystery is an old name in the jade business. Just look at that wonderful quality! Go on, just pick which ever you like." He said as he gestured to the jade on the table.

You jumped up and onto the table to sniff each one individually. After a good amount of sniffing, you concluded that no, you were not able to see how good quality rocks were. But hey, the third one has some pretty high pyro res. At least you know you have good elemental smell now. You lay down on the table as everyone inspected the jade. "These all do look really pretty. Seems so hard to choose huh Fluffy?" Paimon said as she looked at the jade. "What do you think Mr. Zhongli?" Aether said as he turned to look at Zhongli. "Oh? You want me to decide? That's fine as well." He said as you let out a meow of protest. "If it were me the answer would be simple. I'll take them all boss." Zhongli said while Aether and Paimon's faces paled. "Oh, you act with such panache good sir! I always knew you were not a man of ordinary caliber." The seller said while you shifted to a more comfortable position. There were some small tufts of fur left where you were originally placed. "Wait! Wait! Boss, that one didn't count. We need to think it over again." Paimon said as she bonked Zhongli with her fist.

Aether pulled Zhongli away to talk about being poor while you watched them from the table. The seller decided to pet you when they were staring to take a long time speaking, but pulled away when more of your shedding fur git caught on his hand. You booped the third jade with your nose. You remembered that in this part of the game story, they went all the way to another fucking nation just to test some samples and see if which was the highest quality. You couldn't remember which one it was, but Zhongli said that it was the one with the highest pyro res right? So the third one. You would fucking cry if you had to travel all the way back to mondstadt for such a simple thing. They trio came back after their conversation. "Hey boss! We're back to buy some rocks, but can you let us burn them first?" Paimon asked. "This is the one you want you floating child... I think." You said as you placed your paw on the third jade. "B-burn them? You can't do that my friends, if you were to do so what would I have left to sell? Your cat seems to be choosing the third one so why not just go with that instead of burning them?" He said.

"Can we get some samples then?" Aether asked as you retracted your paw to begin loafing. "That- Well, fine... as you wish then. How about this? I can take a small sample of each of them. It'll be a loss but consider it as a friendly gesture." The seller said as he tried to remove the fur that you shed all over his table. "Don't worry, I know the rules. As long as we can prove that it is good jade, you will not take a loss." Zhongli said. The seller then began to carve a thin piece off of each one. "Alright, take these as samples. I've carved them off with a knife and tagged them to boot." He said as he showed them the thin pieces he cut off. "These samples are so thin..." Aether said as he looked at them. "Aren't these too thin? Even paper's thicker. No, even a bug's wings are thicker!" Paimon said. "This is impressive handiwork." Aether said while you began to groom yourself. "You flatter me, but I have to be gentle with these rocks. They are my pride and joy. If I'd taken of even a bit more, it would have killed me." The seller explained while you watched some of your fur fall onto the rocks. The table and everything on it was coated in a blanket of your fur at this point.