Chapter 29 - Floof

'Thought'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

Tighnari blinks after the realization that a cat suddenly appeared before him. The two of you stared at each other before you closed your eyes to try and teleport back to Zaicim. You opened your eyes and found yourself on his head. "Oh, there you are." Zaicim said calmly as he looked up at your head peeking over his floofy bangs. "So, where did you end up?" He asked. "Sumeru." You answered. "That's... thats very far away." He said said as Aether walked over to you, unaware of what you just did.

"Atsuko said that we should try asking Beidou at the crux fleet. They should be over at guyun stone forest." Aether said while Zaicim nodded. "Lemme try it again." You said as you tried to teleport all of them to guyun stone forest. You had no idea if you could even do that, but maybe there was a chance? You tried doing the same thing you did before, but with Aether and Zaicim all in mind. You opened your eyes and found yourself in the lap of Kazuha, who was in the middle of standing up, so you fell of. He instantly noticed you were here, and caught you before your feet could hit the floor. "Oh? And what do we have here?" He asked as he held you in his hands simba style.

"Deez nuts." He only chuckled at your response. "What's this? Y/n decided to follow you onboard again?" Your ears twitched when your heard Beidou's voice from behind you. "No, that is not the case this time. It seems that our furry friend here teleported to me." Kazuha said as he adjusted his hold on you so you wouldn't be dangling in the air. "Hahaha! Very funny, just because they like following you doesn't mean I'd believe that they teleported all the way here just to sit on you." Beidou said as she crossed her hands. "A cat learning to teleport is something you don't see everyday, yet here I am. I'm not lying when I say our feline friend over here really did teleport to me." He said you shifted in his hands to start loafing.

"Hah! The sight of a cat teleporting would truly be quite the sight! Alright then, I believe you." She said as Kazuha looked like he was presenting a loaf of cat to her using both his hands. Ah yes, the great offering of cat loaf, a truly valuable resource in these trying times. "So, what do you plan on doing with them?" Beidou asked. "There is no need to let them stay, yet I'm sure you wouldn't mind it if they chose to settle here for a while." Kazuha said as he put you down. "I'm completely fine with it, they were great at pest control last time they were here." She said as you began to loaf on Kazuha's foot. "Or they make great companion." Kazuha said while chuckling.

They continued to speak until Aether walked up to them, when Zaicim glided down beside Kazuha. You looked up at Zaicim, and left Kazuha alone to climb up to Zaicim's shoulder. "So you were right! Paimon was worried we'd have lost y/n forever!" Paimon said from beside Aether. "Now that was quite the entrance young man! Who have we got here? Oh, I know you. You're that traveler, the one who fought against the fatui and Osial, right?" Beidou asked. "Have we met?" Aether asked. "Haha, Ningguang told me about you. 'A traveler of great insight and remarkable skill has saved liyue.' She said." Beidou explained. "No need to explain who Zaicim and y/n are, we've already met them." Beidou asked as Aether nodded.

"She's a hard one to please, so praise from her is high praise indeed. I remembered thinking at the time that it'd be good to meet you in person. Judging the the clothes on your back and this floating thing, I guess that time has come." She said as she looked at Paimon. "Hey! The name's not floating thing, it's Paimon!" She yelled angrily. "Paimon? Hmm, what a fascinating being. Yoi two give off not only the essence of wind and earth but also of... yes... the stars..." Kazuha said. "What do we smell like then?" You asked. "And you two... you two truly are unlike others of your kind, no? The wind is telling me this." Kazuha said as he looked at you and Zaicim. "Did the wind say I'm gay?" You chocked and bust into laughter when Zaicim said that. "Hmm, not exactly, but it may have hinted at that." You laughed even harder while Zaicim wheezed.