Chapter 11 - Mighty And Illuminated Old People

'Thought'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey buddy, hold still."

Arrows of hydro form seemingly out of nowhere before shooting towards the millelith guard's wrists. Their hands released their grip on their spears at the arrow's impact. A ginger haired man jumped in from who knows where, bow in hand. The bow instantly turned into two blades of hydro as he charged forward and slashed each guard until they all fell to the floor. He de summoned the blades after looking around at the unconscious bodies of the millelith around him. "Stop! Stop!" He looked up at the next swarm of millelith that were coming closer from the second level. "Come with me." He said as he jerked his head in the direction he wanted you to follow. Aether looked at Paimon before nodding and then running after Childe. She followed after him while you used your anemo powers to boost yourself and keep up with them.

~~~~~

"Phew... Paimon's exhausted..." She said as she continued to pant and catch her breath while you scratched yourself with your hind leg. You weren't exactly itchy it was just helped you calm down. Currently, you were located under a staircase that led up to the other buildings in liyue harbour. "Just what muscles does magical floating use exactly?" Aether said as he rested from the running and sneaking around. You didn't use much stamina since you mostly used anemo to boost each step. "So insensitive! You have no idea just how tiring floating arou- Wait." Paimon stopped yelling at Aether to face Childe. "Just who are you exactly?" You laid down while you waited for them to finish their conversation. "Call me Childe."

"Childe? What, so we're supposed to dote on you?" Paimon said full of distrust for the ginger. Never trust gingers/j "Ahah. No no, not at all. It's an alias of sorts." He explained. "In mondstadt, I don't suppose you came across a Signora by any chance?" He looked at you in mild surprise when you started growling with your fur pricked up remembering the memory of when that bitch dropped you on the concrete floor, kicked you, and then squeezed your body in a way that you wouldn't prefer. "Signora... Childe..." Paimon said with her hand on her chin in thought. She gasped when she finally realised who he was. "You're fatui! One of the harbingers!" She said as she moved away from him. 'Meh, Childe is okay, Signora is the true bitch.'

"Oh, no- Don't worry, I'm not looking for a fight. Signora gave you quite the bad impression huh? Even your cat seems to hate her. Tsk, that woman... can't say I'm a fan either. Right, let's forget about her shall we? I'm here to help you." He explained. No way were you just gonna forget what she did. She may become ash in the future but you were still planning to piss and shit in her shoes and then scratch up her clothes till they looked like she picked them up from the streets. "Help?" Aether said, confused by him. "Yes, help. I'm not a bad guy." He took back his words when he noticed you staring at him when he said that. "Okay, perhaps I'm kind of a bad guy, but I'm not here to bring you guys trouble. Would it be too much to ask you to keep the sword sheathed?" You looked back at Aether to see that he was holding his sword tightly, prepared for battle. You didn't even notice him pull it out.

Aether put away his sword and let while Paimon let go of her defensive stance. "Haha, I thank you for your knightly nobility Aether. I heard of your deeds in mondstadt so I couldn't help but notice you during the proceedings back there. Because I had my ye on you the whole time I know it wasn't you. Someone else did it." He explained. You began to play with the ornaments of Aether's cape while you listened to what Childe had to say. You knew this part was important to the story and you half forgot it so he could just remind you. "Regrettably, given I'm a fatui envoy from snezhnaya, there's no way I'd be trusted after something of this magnitude. The ruling qixing of liyue has always been suspicious of us."

"Well, can you honestly blame them?" Paimon said remembering the time the fatui stole the holy lyre. "Hahaha! Guess I shouldn't try to deny that." He said, not uncaring the amount of distrust Paimon has for him. "Okay sure, maintaining a good distance from strangers is probably a good idea. Either way, I'm already used to it at this stage. But right now, if you want to clear yourselves from suspicion, you need to get yourselves to northland bank. Although I highly doubt your cat has to worry about it. Staying here isn't an option. As the old liyue saying goes: the walls have ears." He said before he left. Aether seemed to contemplate not doing it before he looked around at the millelith guards on the streets, and then he followed Childe up the stairs. Paimon disappeared and you used your own shortcut. Parkour.