Chapter 9 - WE GOT ANEMO BOIS

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

TW: slight animal abuse near the end

~~~~~~~~~~

You and Aether came back to mondstadt after collecting your rewards from Katheryne. Everyone had met up at dawn winery and Diluc just finished explaining where the abyss mage was. Currently, you were all on your way to the location of the abyss mage. While you followed them, you thought about what you would do when you get to the abyss mage? Should you help them fight or keep your abilities a secret? While you were thinking about this you had already reached your destination and everyone was beating the shit out of the bird looking gremlin. Diluc swung his claymore that was infused with pyro at the abyss mage, then Aether summoned a small wind blade like in his e, causing the pyro to build up until the abyss mage's shield was melted. Diluc held his claymore as wings of fire began to burst from his claymore and he used his q, pushing the mage towards Jean who then used her e to hold the mage in the air and blast it to Venti, who finished it off with a fully charged shot with his arrow. 'Damn, it didn't even get to do shit.'

As the abyss mage's corpse fell to the ground, instead of just laying there like a corpse with the hilichurls it slowly dissipated like how they do in game. Everyone gathered around the spot the abyss mage died. "Huh? What's this...? After the abyss mage was defeated, a certain energy dispersed from it's body. It seems that energy was being used to cut off the connection between me and Dvalin. Huh..." Venti said while putting a hand on his chin observed the floor. "Aether, do you know of stormterror's lair?" Venti asked as he put his hand down and looked up at Aether. "Nope." Aether said while shaking his head. "But Jean and master Dilcu are no doubt aware of it. After Dvalin woke up, he took the ancient ruins as his lair. As it was with the storms that previously cut mondstadt off from the outside world, the entrance to the ruins is also sealed by a special barrier. But now, as the energy dispersed from the abyss mage, I was able to read the rhythmic flow of how the barrier's magic was woven. I must admit, it must sound more horrendous than a chorus of hilichurs but it should be enough to break through the barrier and reach stormterror's lair." Venti explained.

You left them to speak about that Dvalin stuff on their own as you walked closer to a mistflower that was right by the river. What would happen if you ate it? Maybe then you would get cryo powers. Or die. You began to start chewing on the frozen flower as the sound of the group's chatting was heard in the background. Soon, the ice around the flower began to crack and your were left with a mistflower corolla. You were about to lick it but you would probably get frostbite so no ice flowers for you today. Instead, you just sat down and groomed yourself. While you were grooming you saw Diluc walking closer to you, and then he bent down to pick you up. "You all go ahead. I can just put Fluffy in the dawn winery while we fight stormterror." Diluc said as he looked back at the group. He then started walking in the direction of dawn winery. 'Maybe it was a better idea to show them I could fight.'

~~~~~

You were now trapped in the mansion at dawn winery. Sure, at least it wasn't just a room and the maids would take good care of you, but you craved violence. Currently, you were on the second floor looking for a way out. No fucking way were you gonna let the others beat up an orphan without you >:(

You couldn't pull off what you did when you were at the church and escape through the loose window. They were all well secured and high quality. The windows were also all tightly shut. 'How the fuck am I supposed to get out of this?!' You opened one of the rooms the same way you first escaped the church and found your way into a bedroom. You didn't bother with the design of the room and instantly made it to the window to open it. You silently cheered as it slowly swinged open and you jumped out. After making it outside, you looked up at the silhouette of Dvalin flying from a smaller silhouette that looked like a speck of dust compared to him hovering over stormterror's lair in the distance. If you wanted to kick some orphan dragon ass you needed to hurry.