Chapter 15 - What Is Lost

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Now that we have made our choice, let's take this noctilucous jade back." Zhongli said while he turned to walk away. "Hey, wait a minute! He said it was half price, not that we could leave without paying!" Paimon said as she pulled on his tied hair to keep him from walking away. "Oh, right, sorry. I must have forgotten to do that too. Let me see..." Zhongli said while searching his pockets. "As I though, I didn't bring any." Zhongli said apologetically. "Any what?" Paimon asked. "Mora. Apologies, an oversight in my part." Zhongli said. "What a strange take on the value of money." Aether said. "That won't do, this isn't some small sum...! Oh wait, .didn't Childe give us some advanced funds earlier?" Paimon asked. "I have them on me." Aether said as he took out Childe's money. "Phew! Have a look boss, is it enough?" Paimon asked relieved. "It's fine. Just enough for half price. Though to be honest, it'd be fine even if it wasn't enough." The seller said. "Well, it's settled then. Let's take this jade to yujing terrace. That's where we plan to hold the rite." Zhongli explained. "Look at you bossing everyone around. You didn't even cough up a single mora!" Paimon said as she turned to look at him with her arms crossed. "Guess we need to find Childe for more funding." Aether said. "Hmmm... It seems that we must. I will keep that in mind. Thanks, to all three of you." Zhongli said. You all made your way back up to the crime scene

They walked down the street while you climbed a tree. You sat a the edge if the branch and jumped onto one of the roofs. From there, you continued to jump up the roofs and when you were on top of one of the highest roofs, you jumped onto the railing of yujing terrace. You made your way to the middle where the funeral would be held and saw that Aether and Zhongli weren't even there yet. You jumped onto one of the tables and thought about what Zhongli said. 'There's no way that's actually me right?' You frowned as you thought about just how fucking old you must be if the cat from the myth was you. 'If it was me then why did I kill a god? Am I really capable of killing god?' You continued to think. "I'm going to remake that one video about being on half an oreo and an energy drink then overthrowing god. I will do it." You remembered that he said the myth was from five hundred years ago. For some reason, everything from five hundred years ago has something to do with khaenriah, so you could speculate that it was something similar. Looking at your body, you didn't seem to have any traces of their curse so you could rule out being a khaenriahn. 'Unless I am one and the curse turned me into a cat for some reason.'

You were brought put of your thoughts when you noticed Aether and Zhongli walking up to the terrace. "It seems you were right. Fluffy did know to go to yujing terrace." Zhongli said while Aether held a proud face. "If this were true though, the question is how did they know to go to yujing terrace." Zhongli said while Aether went into thought about it. "Well, maybe Fluffy can understand human language." Paimon said as she popped up beside Aether. "Do you realise what that would entail?" Zhongli asked as he looked at you. "Hey Fluffy! Can you understand us?" Paimon said while she looked at you. 'Do I nod or do I not?' You ended up deciding to throw up another hairball on the floor. "Eeuughhh! Fluffy! We'll have to clean this uup!" Paimon complained. "I'm sure that it won't be much of a bother for you to do that. You do clean up their... droppings if they do end up doing such no?" Zhongli asked as he put down the box of jade. "Um, we've never had to deal with that yet." Aether said nervously. This was when you decided to pee onto the floor. "Goddammit Fluffy!"

~~~~~

After being a menace as you usually do, Zhongli explained the golden house and what else you needed to get. It made you think about what you did with Venti's gnosis. You probably absorbed some of it's power, you could still sense plenty of anemo energy in it when you threw it up but it wasn't as much as it used to be. Maybe you could do the same with Zhongli's gnosis? If so, then you would basically be able to create as much mora as you want! But then again, it's fun making people pay for expensive stuff or stealing things. But it would also give you more power sooo... You would ay least try to snatch the gnosis.