Chapter 40 - Charmander

'Thought'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~
As you continued to spend more time with Kabukimono and the rest of Tatarasuna's citizens, you started to grow more frond of them. Tatarasuna certainly looked a lot more different than it did in game. It looked like a normal village between the mountains instead of whatever cocoon monstrosity it was in game. As for Kabukimono, you can't help but feel as if you heard that name somewhere. Perhaps in the sumeru quests? There were a lot of lore dumps there, but you begin to forget stuff when you get closer to a hundred years old. You groomed yourself as you sat on a wooden table, the busy citizens of tatarasuna moving to and from different areas. The village was filled with life, and it was a lot nicer than being in a literal warzone that is the cataclysm. Although you don' know what to do from here. Do you try finding Rhinedottir or stay? You know you needed to avoid Ei, that's for sure. Maybe you could find a way to disguise yourself. Maybe even turn human?

You are pulled out of your thoughts as Kabukimono walked over to Niwa, who was speaking with someone beside the table you were on. He sat down on the chair beside the table."Who's that?" He asked when he noticed the man Niwa was talking to. "Oh, this is Escher. He's a mechanic from fontaine who will help us improve our forging equipment." He said as Escher looked towards you and waved at you. "Hello there, its a pleasure doing business with you." He said as he gave a close eyed smile. You stuck out your tongue at him and turned around. You felt Kabukimono's hand rest on your back as he started petting you. "My, your cat certainly has quite the attitude! What's their name?" You heard Escher ask. You watched as Kabukimono's eyes lit up in excitemeng. "I named them Fluffy." He said proudly with a smile on his face. "That sounds like a wonderful name, quite fitting." Escher replied.

Niwa and Escher continued to talk, probably discussing business stuff. You heard them say something about crystal marrow and furnaces, to which you got bored and jumped off the table. You landed by Kabukimono's feet and he watched you curiously as you walked off to do your own thing. He stood up from his chair and began following you, trailing after you like a duckling as you wandered tatarasuna, weaving between the mess of feet walking everywhere. It reminded you of when you used to randomly follow stray cats around when you were still on Earth. It was the reason you got lost in the highway during the school fun run.

You made it to the edge of tatarasuna, where the grass spread out for miles and large trees started appearing. You hand't left tatarasuna since you got there, so you might as well explore what past inazuma looked like. Kabukimono continued to silently trail after you as you moved through the overgrown grass. As you continued to walk, you observed your surroundings. There was certainly a lot more land. Instead of leading straight to the ocean shore, there were more grassy plains and rocky formations scattered around before reaching the ocean. Basically, the usual inazuma geography but more land. You noticed that the river leading to the ocean that flowed through tatarasuna in game was a lot further. You found it a good distance away, maybe around half of a tatarasuna away? Either was, it was shallow as fuck to that was fine. You ignored it in favor of the electro crystalfly that flew over your head. You swatted at it, which caused it to fly away.

Your slow walk turned into a sprint as you chased the crystalfly, the f/c scarf wrapped around your neck flowing in the wind, the silver and gold stars imbedded into the fabric shining under the sunlight. It flew over a group of large boulders and rocks that blocked and lined the shallow river. It landed on one of the smaller rocks that blocked the river, it was around thrice your size. Without thinking, you sent out a blast of anemo from your legs as you kicked yourself off the ground. You landed onto the rock and smacked your hand onto the crystalfly. You felt the ground beneath you shift, and you looked down. The rock beneath you began to tilt and your eyes widened when you saw it falling over a small waterfall around Kabukimono's size that flowed into a deep and gushing river. You quickly turned around in a panic and you saw Kabukimono running towards you. You ket out a panicked meow as your claws scratched against the rock and you fell into the river.