Chapter 34 - The You Who Isn't You

'Thought'
"Speak"
"???'s speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

A monotonous voice could be heard speaking. You could hear it echo all around you, but where did it come from? It did not come from anyone in the room, or outside the room. The robotic voice came from within you, and it echoed within your head, only for you to hear.

"Mt. Yougou, Grand Narukami Shrine

Rebooting Experiment Hjarta: 100%
Experiment Hjarta has been fully rebooted.

Experiment is currently active and.... oh......

I thought I had already dealt with you."

Your eyes shot wide open as you breathed heavily. You instantly sat up and shuddered at the cold air against your skin. Wait... skin...? You looked down at yourself and noticed that you were now in a human body, no more fur or paws. You held up your hand and looked at it. It held the omamori that Yae had given you earlier. You clenched and unclenched it slowly, the feeling of being human familiar, yet foreign at the same time. You instantly stood up on your new two feet, but stumbled and feel into Yae Miko's arms. "My, you certainly haven't experienced living in a human body for quite a while now, hm? Maybe you should put on a few clothes and get used to this new body." She said as she helped you stay standing.

"Wait, clothes?"

"Who the fu- WHO THE HELL IS THIS RANDOM NAKED PERSON?!"

You turned your head and saw Zaicim looking at you, a few NNBs vibing on his shoulders completely undisturbed by you. Your vision was instantly blocked as you felt a weight fall on your head, the feeling of smooth slik against your skin. "This is y/n in human form. The omamori I gave her allows her the ability to switch between cat and human form." Yae explained as she put a hand against your head. "Well, as human as you could be with h/c cat ears and a tail." She added.

~~~~~

He watched with eyes filled with pure innocence and curiosity at the ocean waves. The sand of the beach was soft and silky, but it got everywhere and made him feel itchy. He blinked his eyes and looked at a floating mass of h/c fluff that was slowly being carried by the waves to the shore. The waves brought the wet clump of fluff to the beach, and he kneeled down to poke at it. It felt damp and smooth, but it was also unmoving. He could tell it was alive, humans breathed if they were alive, and this clump of h/c fluff seemed to be doing the same. At least, he thinks.

~~~~~

He groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. He was greeted by the sight of the ceiling of the tent he slept in. He sat up as he pulled his hand to his face to rub his eyes. His entire body froze when he felt something wet on his cheeks against his fingers... Tears. They were TEARS FALLING DOWN AT THE PA-(jkjk)

His entire body froze when he felt something wet on his cheeks... Tears. They were tears falling down his cheeks from his eyes. He didn't move, he didn't blink, he didn't breath. His entire body stayed still as if he were frozen in time, yet for some reason the tears continued to flow as unwanted memories resurfaced.

"I'll be back, I promise. Just wait for me."

Liar.

~~~~~