Chapter 28 - We Won't Be Reunited

'Thought'
"Speak"
"???'s speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

You were back inside the ruin and turned left to another wall door. It lit up in yellow symbols and patterns before opening up to a minecraft spiral staircase. I led to a hallway with no floor, the bottom down below was hidden from your view with a thick layer of fog. The same purple bubbled from before floated around the bottomless hallway. You summoned the same geo steps as before from Zaicim's shoulder. He jumped onto them while Aether glided down and past the bubbles. When you got to the end, you entered through an archway door without a door into the room with the defiled statue.

You all walked up to Dainsleif who was already there. "Looks like we're here. An eerie, lifeless, dark chamber... I understand the evil aura you were describing earlier." He said while looking up at the statue. "Ohhh, such a scary place..." Paimon said from beside Aether. "Be careful not to be overwhelmed by the power of the defiled statu-" He sharply turned around to look at the abyss herald behind you. "The abyss herald, it's here." He said as you all turned to look at it. "Mwahahahahaha... You sensed correctly. You are just as vexatious as ever, Dainsleif, enemy of the abyss. I sense your soul is stained by terrible bloodshed, perhaps from your darkest nightmares. Unless... huh? Ohhhh, and something far more dangerous. You reek of a corruption familiar to me. Then we are the same. We're both dangerous. But, dangers from outside the abyss order must be caught and caged." It said.

"Tsk. It is your words that forever reek of corruption." Dainsleif said. "And your breath." Zaicim added. "Time to silence you!" Dainsleif said as Aether summoned his sword. "How about we negotiate first? Give me expriment Hjarta, and I'll spare you, and leave you to your devices here." It said as it held out it's hand. "What? We don't even have this freaky experiment thing you're talking about!" Paimon said as she hid behind Aether. "Ahahahaha, I see. Apologies. I meant, hand over the thing you call y/n, and I'll spa-" It was cut off by Zaicim stabbing his sword straight into the herald's head, causing it's helmet to cack and break. It stumbled back as small chips fell off from it's head armour. "You... Why do you persist? Long since deemed a failure, you have no chance of becoming truly human." It seethed as blades of hydro formed on it's gauntlets. "The only thing wrong with this theory, is that it's fucking wrong!" Zaicim said as he threw an NNB at it.

After the NNB exploded, it instantly went into shield mode, and Aether and Dainsleif charged forward. You jumped off of Zaicim as he charged to attack as well. You summoned your gun and began to shoot at it along with more geo spikes. Suddenly, you felt as if your body had been dunked into boiling water, and stumbled down as your attacks faltered. Everyone close range attacking the herald jumped away as it began it's deadly cartwheel. You shot it with your gun as it spun towards you, and it's hydro shield, along with all of it's hydro blades evaporated. "Ghhck!" It stumbled and held one of it's hands while looking at it. It took a quick glance back to you.

Instead, it summoned sharp blades from it's gauntlets that stored hydro energy. It summoned it's new blades and dodged Aether's sword. It held both of it's hands up and made slashed at Aether, forming an x. It jumped in the air to dodge Zaicim and slashed at Aether as it fell down. He jumped to the side and then charged back forward to slam his sword into the herald. It stepped away and then slashed at Zaicim, who jumped over it and hit it from behind. It turned around to use it's gauntlets to block his blade, qnd Aether sent his rock from his skill at the herald, which caused it to skid across the floor. It held it's hand up to summon a portal, and stood up and turned around to jump into it and make an escape.

Just before it was able to go in, it held it's neck with both it's hands as a circle of blue flame held it chocking in the air. You all looked at Dainsleif, who was holding his arm out, hand encased in the very same blue fire that was chocked the herald like a ring light. The portal evaporated into mist, but a trail of purple and black fire rammed into Dainsleif and caused a mini explosion of abyssal energy. He jumped backwards from the explosion beside you, Aether, and Zaicim. Aether's eyes widened as his sword dropped to the floor. "Princess..." The herald said weakly as it kneeled down behind Lumine.