Chapter 13 - Osmanthus Wine-

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

"H-hey Fluffy... We can just talk about the vet visit right?" Aether warily asked as you backed him into a corner. "Run bitch." You instantly charges towards him and he jumped over you. Your head crashed into the rock wall of the mountain you had cornered him into and you stumbled back as you got a bit dizzy from the impact. The light from Aether's eyes had visibly disappeared as he stared at the large web like crack your headbutt had made. "Run! Fluffy's really mad!" Paimon screamed as you concentrated more anemo in your legs to continue chasing them.

~~~~~

Aether carefully pet your head as you calmed down from the food he had given you. He doesn't know shit about cats but he knows that if he can get Paimon to do stuff using food, then it would be the same for you right? Paimon let out the breath she had held in as you continued to relax and eat the cooked chicken Aether gave you. "Phew... Paimon was starting to get worried that we would have to constantly be on the lookout for you!" She said with great relief. "Do it again and you will need to sleep with an eye open every night." Paimon felt shivers down her spine as you meowed. She had no idea what you were saying but your tone was menacing. "W-well, now that we're done with that, how about we go adventuring and explore liyue while waiting for Childe?" Paimon asked as she floated closer to you.

"That sound like a good idea but despite the amount of things that Fluffy has accomplished I still don't feel comfortable letting her join me in adventuring." Aether said as he pulled his hand away to stop petting you. "Don't get me wrong, it's obvious that Fluffy is more than capable of taking care if themselves and probably even murdering someone but... Even as a cat with anemo and geo abilities they are still a bit limited in terms of how they can traverse the land." Aether explained as he turned to look at Paimom. "Oh! That's right, as athletic as they can be, they can't really glide like we do huh?" She said as she nodded. "You mean I." Aether added. "Maybe theres someone in liyue that can custom make a little cat sized glider for Fluffy!" She said as she looked at your harness. "We will have to get rid of the harness they already have then." Aether said as he began to think about a cat sized glider. "What are we waiting for then? Let's go!" She said as she began to float in the direction of liyue harbour. "Paimon, Fluffy's still not done eating.

~~~~~

Aether had found someone at liyue harbour who was able to make a custom glider for you. He watched as you glared at the person who was now taking your measurements. Being handled like you were right now reminded you of your visit to the vet. Unlike the vet, this person would not shove shit up your ass so you let them take the measurements, although a bit weary. "I should be able to make the glider in a week or so. I am curious, are you sure it's a good idea to give your cat a glider?" The person asked as he wrote some stuff down on a sheet of paper. "Fluffy is a... unique kind of cat." Aether answered him as he struggled to think of words to describe you. The person raised their eyebrow. "Oh? Are they some sort of breed known for intelligence?" He looked up from his paper to ask Aether. "They were a rescue from somewhere in the wild of mondstadt, but they have already been able to escape 4 times despite being supervised or in a locked room." He said as he remembered what Barbara had told him about you. "Hah! They sure sound like quite the handful to deal with." They said back with an amused smile on their face. "Come back in a week, I should have it ready by then." He said after he finished writing. "Thanks for the help Mr!" Paimon said as she waved goodbye. She then turned to Aether. "We should probably go to the northland bank now and see if Childe found who he needed." She said as Aether nodded.

~~~~~

When you had gotten to the bank you watched as Aether and Paimon spoke to the receptionist. You sat beside a large potted plant as they conversed. You turned to the wooden wall and started scratching again. Screw the government everything was your scratching post. You continued to scratch at the wooden wall as scratch marks began to form on it's surface. "Anyway, Paimon's hungry. Fluffy, let's get moving!" You heard Paimon call for you from the desk. You turned to look at the scratch marks on the wall before standing up to leave. Before you could walk, Aether and Paimon were already in front of you.