Chapter 37 - Y/n From Ohio

"Experiment:Hjarta"
'Thought'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

"BOOM BOOM BAKUDAN BITCH!"

The NNB flew across the field and impacted into the stone and rock that covered the shaklei pavillion. A small "Noot noot!" was heard before you used your paws to hold your ears down to avoid hearing the possibly deafening explosion. The strong burst of wind hit you as the surrounding foliage rustled from the blast of anemo. Zaicim held you down to avoid having you blown away like Paimon in the first Signora cutscene as your watched the shockwaves of anemo crush the rubble. The pieces of rocks went flying, althought not too far, and a cloud of dust surrounded the hold in the wall. You and Zaicim walked towards it as the dust slowly settled, revealing a small h/c puff of fur on the ground the stood out from the green grass. The NNB leaped and latched onto your leg as you passed by it, craing up until it reunited with the rest of the living explosives.

You entered the cave and stared at the ston entrance in the wall. The red symbols engraved into the old stone glowing ominously in the dark, casting a dim glow to its surroundings. You know what this is. Its a domain fron genshin impact. Fractured memories long eroded by time and by ¥0v resurface at the sight of it. You would open up your device every day just to enter and play this game on repeat, entering different domains that look the exact same so often. Was this why you are here? To play the game as intended, or is there something missing? There is something missing. There is something you don't know, but are aware of.

"Y/n, are you ready to go?"

You look to your side, your brother is beside you.

"Yes."

You are ready. You know this is what you need to do. There is something important missing as memories resurface and die. You forget why you are here now. Memories and reason escape you but are replaced with forgotten memories. Memories from earth that you pushed aside in favor of teyvat, but why here?

You and someone move towards the domain and enter it. The blades of grass agaibst dirt change and you feel wood against the toe beans of your paws. You look up and see old japanese atchitecture making up the interior, old and overgrown trees growing into the inside's inside. You follow the hallway as red leaves fall down from above. The background blurs as your gaze focuses on the end of the hallway, reality fading away. Your body feels numb and fuzzy as you continue onwards. You have already reached your destination, so what now? What more do you need to do? You're already hear, so now what? Someone speaks. Their voice is distant, nothing but background noise for you to ignore.

You press onwards.

You aimlessly wander the seemingly endless hallways. You can't feel the wood beneath your feet, but you know its there, the feeling nothing but a dull sensation. It grows number as the hallway leads you away from the outside, leading you deeper into the domain. The hallways all lead to a singular room, wooden floors a deep brown. Several unkept sand gardens are tucked away in the corners, large maple trees sprouting from the ground, branches growing outwards and into cracks in the walls. The details gave you whiplash, from fuzzy and blurry to detailed and sharp. Why here? What is here that is so important? The floorboards creaked below your paws as you walked forward, filling the eerie silence that fills the room. There is no one here but you. Had there always been someone else? You feel unusually light. In the end, it doesn't matter as you move towards one of the sand gardens. At least for now.

You sat down and looked at the sand. There is nothing. There is nothing here, so why come here? Did you come here at all? Did you just... appear? Wait, why are you asking so many questions all of a sudden? Wasn't there something more important?

A loud slam was heard behind you and you jumped out from your sitting position. You turned to look behind you and see large double door gates. There is no one here but you.