The Things We'll Have To Do

Max's pov

I woke up from a nightmare gasping and panting as I realized that Stella still hadn't been home.

She ran away with Eddie last night and she seemed pretty scared, I didn't do anything cause I wanted to give her, her space.

I walked over to the kitchen as I looked out the window swallowing down pills.

I heard police sirens wailing in distance. I heard dogs barking.

"Looks like that Munson boy's up to no good again." My mom said as she walked out with me.

"Hey where's Stella?" She asked.

"She left early, he had something to do." I lied as I walked towards the house.

It was Eddie's house.

Shit did something happen to Stella.

"Mr. Munson. Where is she?" I heard the chief ask.

"I just found her there. I swear, I don't even know her name. I never seen her 'fore." Mr. Munson let out a breath.

"Just calm down and stay back." The cops ordered.

I walked closer to the house as I saw..... Chrissy, she was on the floor, with all her bones broken.

Fuck did they murder someone.

"What you boys doing?" One of them said taking pictures of the crime scene.

"Holy mother of God." I heard someone say.

"Hey!" Someone tapped me on the back as I gasped turning around frantically.

"You can't be out here. Get back inside. Back inside." He demanded.

Third person pov

"Then Vicki laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. It was like... It was a real, genuine laugh." The head over heels girl explained to her co-worker.

"Of course. It's my Muppet joke. It's hilarious." The worker scoffed.

"My point is that Vicki laughed and everything was just like... It was perfect. But? But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous, and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my... my brain is moving faster than my mouth, or... or rather my... my mouth is moving faster than my brain. I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?" She dabbled on and on.

"Yeah, you are." He joked.

"Oh, I'm hopeless." The girl put her head against a wall.

"Eh. We both are." He put his head next to hers.

"If only we could just, like, combine." She smiled.

"Combine?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"No, think about it. I know exactly what I want, and I've found the girl of my dreams, but I can't get the courage to ask her out. Mm. Meanwhile, you go on a million dates. And you have no idea what you want." She explained making him raise his brows.

"Mm-hmm." He murmured.

"So if we just combined, all our problems would be solved. Because, I mean, alone, let's face it... We totally suck." She smiled.

"Totally and utterly." He added.

They were totally clueless about the pain and chaos that was coming their way like a storm.

"We're in the Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County. We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning. Police have not released the name..." The reporters explained.