Vessel

Third person pov

The sirens were ringing in the distant as jason sat near the river with his best friends body in his hand, the other were shocked to see what Eddie had down, or at least that's what they thought Eddie did.

"Where is he?" The chief asked the kid panting.

Jason let out a shaky breath.

"Where was Eddie when that happened?" The cop asked jason who was zoned out.

"Wha... Wait, what?" Jason let out a breath.

"Eddie. Where was Eddie when you saw this?" He asked again.

"He... He was in the.....in the boat, like I said."

"Right."

Right. Right. But then, uh.....who lifted Patrick out the water?" The cop asked as they were going back and forth on their conversation.

"What... You're not listening to me. Why aren't you listening to me?" Jason muttered.

"Jason, we are listening." They assured him.

"No, you're not. You're not. Eddie, he's... Eddie is a vessel. Just a vessel." He stated, like he was trying to convince himself.

"A vessel?" The cops asked.

"For Satan. He's made a pact with the devil. Now he has his powers." Jason looked up at Powell.

"You don't believe me." He scoffed.

"We're just, uh, processing all of this, that's all. Okay?" They explained.

"Yeah." Callahan agreed.

"How do you expect to stop the devil if you don't believe he's real?" Jason asked as he looked up.

Eleven's pov

"Do you know what happens when someone has a stroke? The blood supply to the brain is cut off. It scrambles the signals in the brain to the point where the mind can forget how to do things. To eat. To speak. To walk. When you were attacked last year, I believe that your signals were scrambled in much the same way." Papa asked me, informing me about the brain and it's specialties.

"But just as a stroke victim can learn to walk again, I believe you, too, can return to your full power. Your abilities are still in here. You just need to remember." He assured me.

"Everything that took place in my lab was captured on videotape. Every success and every failure. It's important for you to not just see your past, but to fully re-experience it. In doing so, I believe we can repair your broken signals. As we saw tonight, that process has already begun." He smiled.

"If this all happened, why don't I remember?" I asked him, confused.

"Because you do not want to. Our brains have a defense mechanism in place to protect it from bad memories. From trauma. You buried these memories long ago." He nodded at me.

"Papa. When I was in there, I saw something. There was blood. So much blood." I said petrified, thinking about everything, I may have killed all those people.

"That was another memory, a... a more powerful one, invading from your subconscious. You have demons, Eleven. You have demons in your past. That is why we must proceed carefully. One step at a time, one memory at a time. If we go too fast, I'm afraid you could become lost in the darkness. And if you are lost... So are we all." Papa informed.

Stella's pov

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car? 'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck." Robin whined for the 1000th time today, Nancy was driving while, me Dustin and Steve were in the trunk with Robin max and Lucas.