Tattoo

Stella's pov

When she first got to Hawkins lab

Before I knew it, I was being poked with needles again, they were poking me, and shining lights in my eyes, bright, white lights, the lights were so bright, I could see them in the back of my mind.

There were two or four nurses above me, at least that's what I thought, I couldn't see straight and they looked like nurses, I focused on one of them.

She has long, black eyelashes, they almost reached her eyebrows, she has blue eyes that almost looked like crystals.

People with blue eyes don't actually have blue-colored pigment. The iris only looks blue because of the way light reflects on them, and I heard that they were also sensitive to the light.

Much more than the brown ones, or green ones.

The nurse also had long, red hair, it almost looked like strawberries. She looked like she was smiling, so I could tell from the wrinkles near her eyes, she was shining lights in my eyes, making me furrow my eyebrows.

I tried to lift my hand up to my face to block the light out, but a leather restrain was stopping me from doing so.

I looked down, away from the light as I heard the nurse let out a huff, clearly she was tired of my actions, yet I didn't even know what I had done.

I tried to get out of the restrains but it was all in vain, I couldn't fight. I was to tired too. They had poked me one too many times, and I was slowly slipping out of my conscious.

I looked over at the other lady, she has long hair but hers were black, and tied up in a bun, the roots of her hair were almost a blonde color.

She had brown eyes. They almost seemed like honey. With the fluorescents shinging above her head.

The room was super chilly, and it seemed empty except for the few people around me.

Another thing around me was the smell of antiseptics, the room reeked of them, the fluorescents were dull, they were almost drowning out my heartbeat, someone then came into my view, blocking the light.

He had white hair, and a boney structure.

He had wrinkles on his face, he seemed to be in his 50s, I was surprised he wasn't in his grave already. He had blue eyes, and his forehead had wrinkles on it, like he was examining me. He was pale too.

Before I could say anything he walked out of my view once again. Just before he did, I realized it was papa.

"We shouldn't be doing this." I heard the nurse speak up. She grabbed yet another needle.

"She's right, the subjects body isn't meeting the requirements for these chemicals." Another one of the nurses spoke up. What chemicals?

"We have to do this, we can't stop now. We're too far in. Now get back to work." Papa demanded to them as they walked back over to me, they started poking my skin again.

At this point my arm was sore, I examined the nurse she seemed tired to say the least, her face and nose was covered with a surgical mask, their fingers by gloves, and their body by special scrubs, her eyes were soft, they were tired, they were big and brown.

They seemed human, genuine. Which from what I had seen, didn't run around here. It was almost like they were scared to touch me.

I kept looking around, trying to find a way out. But the restrains didn't help. After what felt like hours of just looking at the lights above me and slipping into a world of my own. I heard the old man's voice.

"Is she done?" He asked.

"One of injection and yes. But we still need to be careful-" the nurse was cut off.

"Get back to work." He demanded, and then they pricked at my skin once again. After that injection they were pulling me out of the leather restraints.

Papa then grabbed me as I started walking behind him, he was dragging me like a sag of doorknobs, we went into a room and I froze.

There was a chair, and it looked like it wasn't used for any good, beside it was a table, and the table had a tray on it. Inside the tray there were gloves, and a surgical mask.

Along with that we're multiple needles and an object that looked like a tattoo machine. It was connected to a wire behind the chair.

"Sit down, two." The man spoke up going behind the chair, I was guessing to fix something.

"No." I protested, then I ran to the door.

I tried to open the door, but it was locked shut, suddenly I got angry, super angry. I couldn't control the angry inside my body.

Before I could figure anything out I let out a scream, which caused the door to go crashing into a wall, and give me a great chance to escape, I looked behind me and saw the old man on the floor the chair was still intact but the objects around it weren't.

The old man was about to get up when I took my chance and ran.

The alarms of the lab rang through the hallways signaling that they knew something was up.

I was running through the hallways trying to find a way to escape, but they had shut down every single door. The red lights were blaring like the alarms, they were blood red and loud to say the least.

I ran in the opposite direction, where I found two guards, they had the long taser sticks in their hands and they had multiple other equipments to fulfil their jobs and kill me.

I ran the other way as soon as I could, but much to my luck, two more guards appeared, and they had the same equipments. All of those that could harm me when I disobeyed that man.

"Don't make this any harder." The guard smirked.

"I won't go back there." I stated standing my ground.

"Then we'll make you go back there." With that they all came at me. I used all the power in my body to let out another ear-piercing scream, causing the guards to crash into walls behind them, leaving cracks in the wall.

I couldn't see straight, I was slowly slipping out of consciousness.

"Fascinating." I heard a voice behind me, I whipped around faster than a bullet. But saw papa once again.

"Please stop!" I begged.

"It'll all be over soon." He whispered. Walking towards me as I fell but before I could he grabbed me and carried me back to the chair.

"I don't want to do this." I said as he strapped me in the chair with restraints again.

He grabbed the tattoo needle as I looked at him terrified. Before I knew it, he was pricking at my skin again. Specifically my wrist.

He grabbed my arm placing it Infront of him, with a light shining on my arm, you were able to see the little particles of my skin, the lines, the veins and the little hairs on it. I looked up at the ceiling feeling a bit of pain in my wrist.

Was he really tattooing me?

"See, not that bad right?" He smiled. Still working on his art on my arm.

I didn't respond, I just looked up into the lights, slipping into a world of my own. I looked around at the ceiling, distracting myself, I loved playing that game with myself.

Soon I drowned out the world before me, the crazy world, with insane people, like papa.

I turned out the world before me, knowing for a fact that they couldn't harm me anymore, not now. Because I'm in one of my own. I'm in control.

Everything soon began to fade away, as I slipped out of my conscious. My eyelids fluttered, I could basically count my own lashes at this point. Then I fell into a deep slumber.

"Don't get knocked out yet, were almost done." He smiled once again, but I wasn't able to see it, I was already too far in to pull myself back.