Bonding

Stella's pov

After rainbow room incident, the wolf, and the entire challenge, papa never spoke of it, and fourteen wasn't seen a lot, especially since she was new, and young.

The body of that orderly was never found, and I hadn't seen Simon around a lot, at once I was scared that he may have been the meal of that wolf.

If I ever asked papa about Simon, he'd just tell me that Simon has work and went home to complete it or that it'd take him some time to get back.

I had gotten a little closer to fourteen, her real name was Gabriella. She didn't remember anything from her past, just that, she was playing in her room one day and then ended up in the rainbow room.

She was super innocent and sweet, she seemed harmless. Soon she came up to us.

"What're you playing?" She asked holding a papa in her hand.

"We're playing chess, what's that?" I pointed to the paper in her hand, she turned it around to show me a picture of stick figures, holding hands behind a house, it was me and Peter with her and papa. And papa.....

"T-that's nice." I told her not wanting her to know the truth about papa yet.

"Yeah, it really is." Peter smiled looking at me, he knew what I was thinking, so under the table, his hand reached to hold mine. I looked up at him noticing him gazing at me longingly and lovingly.

"Are you guys married?" She asked us as we both coughed.

"Huh?" We both said in usion.

"You always act like you, next time, I'll draw a bride, and a groom, it will look like you two." She smiled as me and Peter looked at eachother, a laugh leaving our lips.

"Fourteen, you are requested back in your room with papa." Is what you could hear over the loud speaker.

We looked at eachother scared for her as she walked up, skipping her way through the rainbow room.

She walked out as we continued playing chess, then Peter spoke up after a long amount of silence.

"I have the plan ready, I just need you to meet me, and eleven in the drain pipes and where their located, we need to work with the cameras and the staff members, leave that to me all right?" He spoke as I looked at him. I didn't know how to reply, because the camera was facing me at the moment.

"Just keep playing if you understand?" He said as I moved my queen forward.

He smiled, and I knew that this was where everything was gonna end, I was pretty sure that when we escape, Peter wouldn't come with me on the hunt of my parents, he'd try to find his own parents, his own family.

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

It was around 2pm in the afternoon, me and Peter were playing chess in the rainbow room, I was winning, obviously.

I had loved every moment I had with Peter because it was always fun, and at the same time he'd teach me lessons about my powers, make sure that I was doing good, that I was working on them.

He'd take care of me whenever I was hurt, assure me whenever needed, but most of all he'd teach me what love was.

And from what I'd noticed about us, I could say that love was a beautiful thing, and I'm glad I loved Peter.

Peter made me feel safe, even when I wasn't, he made me feel protected. He helped me through the tuff times in life, and he'd teach me to be the best version of myself, keep going until I reached my destiny, and he made sure that through every step, he was standing right there by my side. And that's what love was like, well at least to me.

Now wouldn't you say love was a beautiful thing? I would.

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

Me and fourteen had gotten a lot closer over the past few weeks, she was a literal furball, in the lab she had been nothing less than kind to me, and she was always so full of energy and full of life.

Everytime I'd stress about something, she'd make sure I was doing good, she has drew me a picture of me and Peter as a groom and bride, she made sure I would hang it on my wall.

She was the sweetest to me, almost everyday we'd spend time playing chess with either Peter, or me against her.

At first I felt like I wouldn't be able to trust her for a lot, but now I'd give my life for her, I trust her more than anything because she's proved that she's capable of that trust.

I had asked Peter if we should tell her about the plan, thinking that she'd help us, and Peter agreed, I just didn't know how to break it to her. I wasn't great with words, not today and not anytime in the future.

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

Through all of this eleven had been a big help in my life, she was a girl that was by my side through thick and thin, she'd be the best person to talk to when you needed to get something off your mind.

Though she didn't speak a lot, she'd say so much with her eyes, and something her eyes told me was that she was tired of this place, she did not want to be here. She was drained and exhausted, thinking about it.

I think we all were. Not just the subjects but the staff members too. They'd all have the same expression.

The tired, exhausted look on their face said a lot more than they did themselves. It always seemed like they were all lacking hope, Eleven was my hope.

She was my motivation because I knew that every step of the way she'd be by my side, she'd be standing there proud of what I had become, she was my best friend. She was the sweetest person I had met.

Right now she was zoned out Infront of the aim game. She had multiple chips in her hand but she wasn't using them.

I walked over to her, sitting down.

"Hey, what're you doing?" I asked her smiling as she turned to me and her eyes lit up.

"Hi. I am playing the game." She told me, something I noticed about eleven was that she wasn't very talkative which also caused her to not be fluent in English.

"That's nice, but hey, can I let you in on a secret?" I asked her, I had decided to tell her about the plan, being more comfortable with her than I was with fourteen, I felt like I could tell her anything.

"Yes." She said, she seemed super excited and happy but that wouldn't last long, not in these circumstances.