Familiar Names

Third person pov

"Yeah, that's not creepy." Steve scoffed as the kids got out of the car along with Stella, Robin and Nancy.

"Do we really think it's the best idea for us to be here especially when Stella is about to snap like a twig at any given moment?" Dustin huffed.

"Dude, seriously?" Steve scolded.

"You're not helping." Nancy spoke up.

"Thank you for reminding me!" Stella huffed in sarcasm.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked Stella.

"We're not sure. We just know this house is important to Vecna." Stella replied as she started to use her powers to remove the wood plank blocking the door.

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve asked.

"Basically." Stella shrugged trying to keep her focus.

"Great." Steve huffed.

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max." Dustin said as Stella sighed.

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas trailed off.

"Guess we'll find out." Stella said as the plank fell down, Steve and Stella caught it.

"Ready?" Steve asked about to drop the plank.

"Mm-hmm." Stella replied.

"Max. What are you doing in here, Max?" Max could hear the distorted voice in her head.

"It's locked. Should I knock, see if anybody's home?" Steve asked.

"Are you guys forgetting I have supernatural powers?" Stella threw her hands in the air.

"No need. I found a key. Save your powers." Robin said grabbing a brick.

"Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill." Lucas stated.

"Where'd everyone get those?" Steve asked as he saw Dustin with a flashlight.

"Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child." Dustin blinked numerously.

'Thank you." Steve scoffed sarcastically.

"Huh." Dustin walked away.

"Back pocket." Dustin informed.

"They just left everything." Nancy informed the girl beside her.

"I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value." Robin spoke up.

"Hey, guys? You all see that, right?" Max asked as the crew walked towards her.

"Yeah." Dustin mumbled.

"Yeah." Steve said.

"Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Stella asked.

"I mean, it's... just a clock. Right? Like a normal old clock." Robin smiled.

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks? Maybe he's, like, a clockmaker or something?" Steve talked to himself.

"I think you cracked the case, Steve." Dustin scoffed making Stella chuckle.

"All I know is the answers are here. Somewhere. Okay, everyone stay in groups of two. Robin, upstairs." Nancy spoke up.

"Come on. Let's go." Max demanded to Lucas.

"I'll go alone." Stella smiled.

Steve let out a heavy sigh.

"Was that a sigh?" Dustin gasped.