Examination

Stella's pov

Before the footage was found

I was trying to pick myself up off the floor, but all the energy in my body was drained out with being tossed like a ragdoll.

I groaned and looked up at the roof, praying for someone to come and help me. Soon someone did, someone I didn't expect.

Peter, he came rushing into the room as he crouched down to check my wounds, they were that deep, but they still hurt, he grabbed one of my arms and put his over his should as his hand snaked around my waist, holding me up and helping me walk over to the infirmary.

"Who did this?" He asked me as I looked down, I didn't want him to think I was weak, or lazy enough to not fight for myself.

"Uh- thr-" I was about to answer when I suddenly started feeling dizzy, my world was turning and twirling, I didn't know how to react, all my body weight fell onto Peter.

"Hey- hey what's wrong?" I heard his voice before I fell asleep in his arms, not knowing about the storm that was coming my way.

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

I slowly felt the light on my eyes, though I didn't have them open, I was still able to see the fading lights Infront of me, my eyes slowly opened themselves.

When I opened them, I saw an old lady Infront of me, she was a nurse in the lab, she had helped me out a few times when I'd get hurt during tests, or challenges.

I couldn't move though, all I could do was just lay there as she ran her tests on me, examining my wounds and scars.

After a few minutes she walked over to Peter who was standing by the door.

"Her wounds aren't that deep, but with how many there are it seems like whoever did this, they were trying to kill her. If I were you I'd inform papa effective immediately." She said to him as she walked away.

I wanted to tell Papa, I wanted to snitch on them, but I couldn't because in this place the only people I trusted were Peter and eleven.

Fourteen, she seemed off to me, it always seemed like she was hiding something. She was young and sweet, but I just couldn't trust her at times.

I didn't realize when, but papa came into the room soon, I tried getting up on the bed but papa suggested otherwise.

"Are you all right two?" He asked walking over to me as Peter trailed behind him.

"Ye- yeah I think so." My voice came out raspy.

"Can you tell me who did this?" He then asked as I looked up.

"I- uh I don't remember..." I mumbled to him, I didn't want him to know what had happened, simply because I wasn't sure I could trust him.

"Oh that's a bummer, well, let me know immediately if anything comes to that mind if yours, hm?" He told me as I looked at him and then fiddled with my hands.

I nodded my head as he walked out the door and took Peter with him, now I was all alone in the room, the sounds of my breath echoed through the room as my fell into a deep abyss of thoughts.

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

It had been a two days since the incident in the rainbow room, and my revenge. I was back in the rainbow room, playing around and watching the kids play.

Sitting in front of the aim game, this time I was waiting for the chip to go for two, I let the chip drop but it didn't go in the box labeled as two.

The second time I tried I noticed it was going way more slower than before, the clicking sounded like some sort of time bomb. Then I realized.

Someone was controlling it with their mind, I looked behind me and saw threes gang, all sitting in different spots, all of them were glaring at me. That may have been the dirtiest looks I've received from them. They were all their except three, he wasn't there.

Something about the look they gave me made me feel like they weren't going to stop their torture anytime soon, and another it made me realize is that I need to stay alert, so if they try anything they could get a taste of their own medicine.

The next few days had been the same, waking up, eating spending time in the rainbow room with Peter and then doing challenges and tasks for people who wanted to control me.

Then repeat, the only thing on my mind was that I needed to leave this place, I always felt like I had a target on my back nowadays, with papa, threes gang, and everything else going on. I knew Peter wasn't safe and I wasn't either.

When I looked back at the chips I noticed they were all over the place, scattered like rats trying to run from something, I was trying to grab one of them when Peter grabbed it before I could.

His fingers played with the chip in his hands, twirling it and what not.

I looked up at him as he crouched down to my height.

"You open for something a little more challenging?" He smirked.

"Try not to show any emotion as I speak, okay? Just keep playing the game if you understand." We were now sitting at the chess table.

"Two is still in the infirmary recovering. He's being watched now, but once he is released, he and the others are going to attempt to kill you. Right here, in this room. And Papa will allow it to happen. In fact, he wants it to happen. He's been planning it for some time now." He informed me.

My breathing pattern was going crazy right now, I was scared but also angry, I didn't know what to do. Even though we had a plan, I had a feeling this wasn't going to work.

I had so many people looking up at me, wanting me to be their guidance, eleven, my family if they're even out there, and fourteen.

"Stay calm. Focus on the game. There's a reason why Two and the others were able to escape their room last night. Why the security cameras were turned off. Why Papa punished Two that day. They don't even realize it, but he is moving them like pieces on this board here. Driving them to do exactly what he wants, which is..." He smiled sadly.

"Why?" I asked looking up at him.

"You frighten him. He knows you are more powerful than the others. And he also knows he can't control you. That's all he wants. Control. I saw all this happening. That's why I wanted to help you, but I only made things worse." He told me as I scoffed softly.

"Helping me... Made Papa hurt you." I reminded him, it wasn't a great time for either of us.

"And it is why you must escape. As soon as you can." But when?

"But they are watching us." I told him as I looked up at the camera.

"Closely. If you want to make it out of here alive, you must do exactly as I say. Do you understand?" I moved my queen forward again.

"Why do you still wanna help? You had to go through a lot because of me. I put you in harm's way."

"Because I believe in you. It is time you are free from this hell. Because I believe that you have a life outside of this world, where you need to stay safe and stay with your family." He smiled as I admired him.

He then put his hand under the table where he slid a key card over to me, I grabbed it as I moved a piece forward.

I pretended that my sock was itchy as I slid the key card into the side of it.

Peter had my heart and he made sure that he always would.