The Clock

Stella's pov

"It was here. Right here." Max whispered as Robin and Nancy stood beside me.

"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asked.

"It was so real." She murmured.

"And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just..." She started.

"...I woke up." She finished as Dustin spoke up.

"It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy."

"That's not even the bad part. Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help." Max said.

""Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... Then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. These visions, they just... They kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... Everything ended." I explained to them.

"Vecna's curse." Robin spoke up.

"Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so......looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow." Max breathed out.

"Mine started 4 days ago..." I said out loud as Steve looked at me shocked, along with Dustin and the others.

We heard a distant clang as Steve put me behind him in a matter of seconds, Dustin looked at me and then him continuously as I shrugged unknowingly.

He smirked and then Steve spoke up.

"Stay here."

He walked out with a lamp and we followed behind him.

"It's me!" Lucas yelled out catching his breath.

We all let out a huge scream.

"Lucas?" Max squinted her eyes.

"It's me." He repeated.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?" Steve huffed.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Lucas started panting as I slowly and cautiously grabbed the lamp from Steve's hands, I didn't trust him with that thing.

"Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was... I was biking for eight miles." He huffed out.

"Give me a second." He said putting a finger up in the air.

"shit. We've got a code red." He finally spoke up.

"What?" Steve asked.

"Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger." Lucas walked up to Dustin.

"All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now." Dustin spoke up moving his hand towards max and then me as Lucas started at us.

I swear to God if this vecna bitch comes near me or max...

"Okay, be honest. Uh... You guys understand any of this?" Steve asked us as we sat down with a paper in our hands speaking about what happened that day.

"No." I said.

"Pretty straightforward." Dustin spoke up.

"Oh, straightforward, really?" Steve shrugged.