Challenge

Stella's pov

"Can you move the brown ball?" Peter asked me.

He had me blindfolded in a chair as I sat Infront of 3 objects.

A brown ball, a red block, and a light bulb. He would randomly ask me to move one of the two or light up the bulb sitting there.

Soon when it kept getting chilling in the room I pulled the sleeves of my sweatshirt down, the grey color of my sweatshirt seemed to turn into a pale white once I took off the blindfold.

"I can but that's easy, you know?" I mumbled, I wanted to do something more challenging.

I wasn't going to use my powers for moving things around when I could put them to much greater use.

"Well, that's completely up to papa, Stella." He smiled sadly.

"I know, I know." I sighed.

"Well since it seems that most of you have reached a new level, I think it's time for a more... challenging task for you all." I heard a voice behind me. Papa then came into my view.

"Come with me, two." He called me by my 'assigned' name.

I was never allowed to use my real name, I hated it. My name was Stella. I was never able to ask why I wasn't able to use my name. I wasn't even sure what papa's name was, yet.

I was determined to find out what went down in between the four walls of this lab. I wanted to find out if Peter was involved in the activities going on in this place.

Papa took my hand and walked me over to the rainbow room, this time something seemed different. He had some sort of projector in the room that shined up on a wall, bright and dark at the same time.

The children were lined up as usual, in order, I stood in my place as papa came and stood by the projector.

Papa was grabbing some sort file or magazine from nearby. He put the piece of paper on the overhead projector and all you could see was a wolf.

At least that's what it looked like, it had huge, skinny arms and legs. Almost like it's guts were spilled out.

The most terrifying part of the creature was it's face, it had multiple sharp fangs. He had multiple teeths and some sort of goo was slipping out of it's mouth. Papa switched the picture to another one.

"I have noticed you all have leveled up in your abilities. Henceforward, why we'll be having these challenges sometimes, to prove who's the strongest." He stated.

"This creature Infront of you, is called a wolf or almost like a demodog. Though it's not the cute one you'd hope for." Papa smiled.

"This one bites."

Lovely.

"You all have 5 minutes to find a way to survive, this dog, will be roaming the halls or this lab for the next 10 minutes. You can use your powers to hurt it. Protect yourself, survive. You have the guidance of your orderlies with you. Don't be scared if the wolf does come close to killing, it'll be stopped." He smiled.

His smile wasn't the usual one, it was a menacing smile, like a challenging one.

"Your time starts now." He smiled as he snapped his fingers.

The alarms of the labs went out, signaling that the creature was let out. Peter grabbed my hand as we ran out, much to our luck the lights went out too.

Peter held my wrist as we walked through the halls quietly, I was safe behind his protective stance. And he was standing Infront of a wall peaking beside it to see if the wolf was around, but you couldn't see much.