Childish Fears

Stella's pov

"Oh Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ." Eddie yelled out running his hands on his face.

"Try 'em again. Try 'em again." steve told Mac as she went over to the phone.

Eleven's pov

"Anything?" Dustin asked max as she tried the phone, I was listening in on their conversation.

"No. Rang a few times, then went to busy signal." Max told them as Stella huffed.

"Maybe you punched it wrong. Try again." Steve said.

"I didn't punch it in wrong." Max scoffed.

"Well, I don't know." Steve stressed.

"I think she knows how to use a phone." Dustin told Steve.

"I'm just saying, she could've typed it in wrong." Steve started.

"Same shit." Max said after typing the same thing.

"How is that possible?" Lucas scoffed.

"Joyce has this telemarketer job. Always on the phone. Mike won't stop whining about it." Dustin said as Stella nodded agreeing with him.

Stella's pov

"Yeah, but this phone's been busy for, what, three days now? That's not Joyce. No way. Something's wrong." Max told them.

"She's right. It can't be just coincidence. It can't be. Whatever's happening in Lenora is connected to all of this. I'm sure of it. But Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead. We have to go back in there. Back to the Upside Down."

"Whoa, no, no, no. What? Steve protested.

"Nope. Let's think this through." Eddie spoke as Nancy looked at him.

"What is there to think through? Nancy asked all of us.

"We barely made it out of there." Steve said as I threw my hands up in the air agreeing.

"Yeah, because we weren't prepared. But this time, we will be. We'll get weapons and protection. We'll go through the gate, we'll find his lair, and we'll kill him." Nancy told them as I looked at her unconvinced.

"Or he'll kill us. The only reason you survived is because he wanted you to. He's not scared of us." Steve told them as

"And for good reason. We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. Sorry, what are we calling him now?" Robin asked.

"One." Lucas said.

'Vecna." Erica spoke.

"Henry." Dustin added.

"Right. We've learned something new about Vecna/Henry/One. He's a number like Eleven, only a sick, evil, male, child-murdering version of her with really bad skin." Robin said as I looked at her.

"But my... my point is, he's super powerful. Could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight." Robin added to her statement.

"Then why fight fair? You're right. He's like Eleven. But that gives us an upper hand. We know Eleven's strengths. And weaknesses." Dustin said.

"Weaknesses?" Erica scoffed.

"When El remote-travels, she goes into this sort of trance-like state. I bet the same is true of Vecna." Dustin started as I high fived him.

"That would explain what he was doing in that attic." Lucas said as they all nodded.

"Exactly. When he attacks his next victim, I'll bet you he's back in that attic, physical body defenseless." Dustin said again.

"Defenseless? What about the army of bats?" Steve pointed to his neck as I frowned.