Spending Time

Stella's pov

We were in the rainbow room when papa came in, he was walking around, talking to all the subjects.

I just wish he didn't come up on me like a storm, he wasn't need or wanted here. I had the eight ball in my hand as I was playing around with it. When someone came up to me.

I looked up excited thinking it was Peter, but it wasn't, it was papa, my smile slowly faded as I looked back at my ball.

"That your favorite?" He asked.

No it's not you fart knocker.

That's what I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't I had promised Peter I wouldn't do anything stupid until he came up with something, and he was working on it.

"No, I just like it." I told him.

Then a question suddenly popped into my head, like why I had hair and the others didn't, I didn't know what to do. And how to deal with it, I felt trapped and different, I was confused.

"Papa. Can I ask a question?" I tried to be sweet, making it seem like I was playing along in his little game.

"Of course, little one." He told me.

The nickname made my soul cringe, I never wanted to be called that ever again, never.

"Why is everyone's head shaved but mine isn't?" I asked him.

"I-it just makes me feel different." I added, he smiled at me. Like he knew I was gonna ask him this questione at one point.

"Well, that's because you are different, but in a good way, you're much more powerful than all these children, but don't be flattered it could change." He smiled innocently.

Little did I know this was because I always tried to escape his cage.

So I was right, he was doing this for power, that's why I was here, that's why he was trying to get me to use my powers every chance he had, other of the kids don't get trained three days a week.

He was using us as puppets and lab rats, that's what we were to him, if one died, he'd move on to the next, then the next, and next, we were nothing to him, he was just evil. He was just rude. He was a monster. The real monster.

A few weeks ago

I was sitting in my room when someone came in, I turned around in my chair and saw Peter from the corner of my eye, I had a big smile on my face since I was finally able to spend some time with him.

"Training time!" He chimed like a loud clock.

I laughed at his behavior as I got up and walked with him, over the few days since I had been awake me and Peter had gotten ten times closer.

He was super sweet to me, and he was basically my only friend, and I loved it, all I needed was his support. He was my friend and I liked it, but sometimes I wish he was something more.

We were walking through the hallways when I saw door everywhere they were labeled with certain number and purposes that the rooms served.

And one of them was the punishment room, it shocked me to my core looking at that, punishment room? For us, or for the staff. How would this work?

Once we were where we were supposed to be, which I guess today was a room white a circle filled with lightbulbs and a chair Infront of it, with a blindfold on the floor.

"Sit in the chair, this test is gonna be a test where I'm gonna blindfold you and you need to move the lights within these bulbs, it's pretty simple, but a little harder then it seems." He smiled, making sure I was comfortable.