Some Kind Of Monster

Stella's pov

"shit. Oh shit." I heard Eddie say as the doors slammed open showing Steve Robin Dustin and Max.

"Delivery service." Dustin spoke up.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asked as Eddie and I are eating the food that was provided to them.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie said but it came out as a muffle with the food filled in his mouth.

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin spoke up.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max added.

"And the good news?" Eddie asked.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin scoffed.

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie gritted his teeth

"Exactly." Robin said.

"shit." Eddie muttered.

"So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin said.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie said sarcastically.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin nodded.

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this." Robin said.

"We usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so... So we're technically in more of the... Kinda... depending on Stella and kinda....in a..." Steve said.

"Brainstorming phase." Max completed his sentence.

"Brainstorming." Steve repeated.

"There... There's nothing to worry about." Dustin settled down.

"Shit." Eddie muttered.

"Tarp. Tarp. Tarp." Robin muttered.

"Stella should come with us, I mean, like she's not a suspect and we could use her." Steve suggest as I got out of the the tarp and walked over to them and got in car.

I didn't feel amazing leaving Eddie alone, but I could use a shower and some proper food.

Third person pov

"And after you talked to Wayne, what happened?" The officer asked Nancy.

"I heard barking from the dog, and then... he was just gone." Nancy shakily explained.

"See anyone lurking about? Who looks like they shouldn't be there?" He asked her again.

"No. No, no, there was nobody there." She said as she saw a car in the distance Steve and Stella got out of the car along with the other crew, and right there and then she almost broke down.

"you said last you saw him... He was by the picnic tables. Is that correct?" The officers voice echoed in her head as her lips started shaking.

"Ms. Wheeler?"

"Does the picnic table ring a bell?" He asked her.

"Hey, guys, there is a 4:00 p.m. showing of Police Academy 3. Could be fun." Johnathan suggested to his siblings.