Closer To The End

Third person pov

The crew in California was basically running in circles, until they had finally found out what to do, how to save eleven and the world.

The California gang is speeding down the road in Argyle's van, with the agent who saved their lives quickly bleeding out in the back of the van.

Jonathan, Mike, and Will are frantically attempting to apply pressure to the gunshot wound when the agent tells them not to take him to a hospital. Instead, they have to warn Dr. Owens because Eleven is in serious danger.

He says that they can reach Owens through "Nina." He hands them a pen and gets ready to give them her number, but he dies before he can tell them.

With the military hot on their heels, Argyle abruptly veers off the road and manages to lose them. They pull off in the middle of nowhere in the desert and bury the agent's body.

Argyle, the only one in this group who is a rookie when it comes to being shot at, watching people die, running from the government, etcetera, is on the verge of a nervous breakdown as he struggles to process Mike's "superpowered girlfriend, bad government dudes, and the Upside Down planet dimension thing."

Jonathan manages to talk him down by, what else, Purple Palm Tree Delight. all of us are pretty sure at this point that it's weed cut with literal magical fairy dust.

Will tries to offer emotional support to Mike, who is full of regrets. If the agent had lived one more second, maybe they'd know where El is.

If he had just said something different to El you know, the big "L" word he won't say anymore, maybe she would have wanted to go with him.

Will tells him that it can be scary opening up to people, especially to the people you care about the most, because what if they don't like the truth?

Everyone practically suspects that Will has something he needs to say to Mike and what is in that mysterious painting? but what exactly he has to say is still a mystery.

Meanwhile, Argyle, now considerably calmer since he's had his Palm Tree Delight, is making a tombstone out of a pizza box for "Unknown Hero Agent Man."

He is trying to write it with the pen the agent gave them, but it seems to have run out of ink.

Something seems to suddenly click in Mike's brain. Why would Unknown Hero Agent Man give them a pen with no ink? He grabs the pen from Argyle and unscrews it.

As he suspected, a tiny paper falls out with a phone number. They find a payphone and realize the number they're calling isn't a phone: it's a computer.

Mike says they need a hacker, but unfortunately, the only hacker he knows is in Salt Lake City, Utah. Turn around...look at what you see..... Yep, you guessed it Suzie, Dusty-Bun's iconic girlfriend.

Mike says if they leave now, they can get there by morning. Suzi saved the world once, and who knows? Maybe she can save it again.

Meanwhile, Joyce and Murray, our favorite action-comedy duo, are tied up on Yuri's plane.

Joyce kicks over a crate of peanut butter and grabs one of the broken shards of glass with her foot and uses it to cut both her and Murray free.

Yuri pulls a gun on Joyce, but he is in for a rude awakening because Murray is a black belt in karate.

Sure, he's never fought in a real-world scenario, and he's only ever sparred with students under the age of 15.

But he beat 16-year-old Jeremiah, a most "ferocious fighter!" Yuri is no Jeremiah, it turns out, because Murray manages to kick his ass.