Testing 1-2-3

Third person pov

"Well, I wouldn't do it if I didn't think she was ready. But either way, I don't think we have any other choice. Do you?" Dr Owens spoke through his phone to Ellen.

"No, I don't. Yeah. It might take me some time though." Ellen told him.

"Just... As fast as you can. It's gonna take us two hours to get to Nellis as it is. And, Ellen, one more favor. Can you send somebody over to a Max Mayfield's house? There are some kids there that just need looking after, okay? Ellen? Hello?" Owens called out, nothing was heard on the other line.

"Sam? Hello?" Ellen tried, hearing nothing.

"Why the long face, Doc? We just wanna talk." The guards said as they entered Owen's office.

Eleven got dressed as she walked over to the tank that gave her, her powers back.

She didn't realize that this was all a trick to trap her, the door behind her closed as she banged on it.

"No! Wait! No! No! What..." She begged.

Just so that Brenner could accomplish one thing.

"You can't leave, Eleven." Brenner spoke.

"Where is Dr. Owens?" She demanded.

"Dr. Owens had a change of heart. I know you wish to go to him, and there's nothing I can do to stop you from forcing open that door. But if my men hear you coming, they will kill him." Brenner told eleven as her face dropped.

"And alone, you will never find your way out of this desert to your friends. Here's what we're going to do. You and I are going to complete our work together."

"And when I decide that you are ready, we will return to Hawkins, together. Papa and daughter."

"Why are you doing this?" Eleven asked him with tears in her eyes.

"Because there's no other choice." He replied dryly.

"There is a choice." She demanded as her tears dropped out of her eyes.

"Only one that is right." Brenner told her as she scoffed.

"And you make the right choices?" She scoffed once again.

"I try." He told her.

"Did you make the right choice with Mama?" She spat venomously.

"Your mother was sick, Eleven. She was a danger to herself and to others. She brought a gun into the hospital. She killed a man." He gritted his teeth.

"Hospital? No. A prison." She scoffed.

"Everything I have done was for your own good. For your own protection." He told her as she chuckled.

"And Henry? You kept Henry in that lab. With the children. Was that for our good? Was that a right choice?" She walked towards him.

"I had no idea what Henry would do. I cared for you. I loved you. I loved all of you." He told her as tears formed in his eyes.

"Even Henry?" She asked.

"Yes. I was trying to help Henry, to understand him. Yes. Yes, I cared for him." He spoke louder than before.

"Even after what... what he did?" She furrowed her eyebrows as creases under her eyes appeared

"Yes. Because I knew I had failed him." He replied.

"So this morning, you said you believed he was always alive in the darkness. Is that why I was searching the darkness? Was I looking for him? For Henry?"