First Encounter

Stella's pov

"Lover's Lake." Robin and I stated together.

"This is confounding. There's a gate in Lover's Lake? Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way." Dustin spoke.

"Yeah, only one way to find out." We looked at eachother.

"Easy. I... I said easy, man." Steve said putting Eddie on the boat.

"Sorry, dude. Here you go. Yeah, I'm just gonna do that." Eddie mumbled to himself.

"Thank you. Yeah, that works too." He smiled.

"Good, you got her. Fray." Steve said.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Hey, hey, hey, you trying to sink us? This thing holds four people tops, okay? It's better this way, okay?" Steve said still standing out of the boat, it kind of bummed me to hear he wasn't going with us.

At the same time he'd be babysitting again so I didn't mind the kids being safe.

"You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble." I spoke up.

"You keep an eye out. It's my goddamn theory." Dustin said.

"You heard stella." Robin butted into the conversation.

"Who put her in charge?" Eddie asked Robin.

"I did." Robin winked at me.

"Compass." I asked.

"Hey, there you go." Dustin pouted.

"Ow. You said four." Dustin yelled as Steve got on the boat too.

"Sorry. Bedtime at nine, kiddos. Miss you already!" I chuckled at his behavior.

Then my mind went back to that night...

Past time

I was playing in the rainbow room when I heard distant yelling, I walked out into the halls as I heard a guy screaming.

"Please!" He howled.

"Please, please..." I looked over at the place where the noise was coming from and saw Peter being electrocuted. He was on the floor with papa standing above him his, hands in his pockets.

I started panting as papa turned around, I quickly ran over to hide. And then I saw Peter being dragged out by two guards.

Was this because of me...

"You shouldn't be wandering the halls." I heard a voice after I entered the rainbow room again.

"It's against the rules." Three and his teams spat at me.

"And not safe. You shamed me today." He spat.

"I'm sorry. I didn't wanna hurt you." I mumbled.

"You are weak and pathetic. I was holding back. And then you do that before everyone? Before Papa?" After that all I could remember was them using their powers to toss me around like a ragdoll, by this time I had bruises over my legs and my upper arms.

"No." I sobbed.

"How'd that feel? Did you like that?" They laughed.

"See a light? I don't. Something must've happened to the power." I looked towards the camera.

"Stop it! No! No!" They started tossing me around again, I didn't even have time to react and soon I was on the floor with blood running down my nose.

"Tell Papa we did this, we will kill you." Three warned as I played my back and cried, choking on my tears.