Until next time...

✨ AN: How about some adventure....? We can all use a little distraction here and there

Couple of mornings later and Dermot had to leave to finish his tour and some interviews. Allie was bummed but they would soon see each other in Dublin. Krista could tell that her niece needed a distraction. So she decided to take the girls to a Harry Potter escape room. Kasey convinced Allie to dress up for the occasion. Somehow she sold her on the idea of wearing their house colors. Seeing the girls come downstairs. Krista said, "You know you can tell a lot about a person, based on their Hogwarts house." The girls shared a smile as they reached for a breakfast sandwich and coffee. Krista made a quick run over to Lucille's, a cute bakery/restaurant that sold delicious sandwiches, muffins, and more. 

Allie spent most of her morning after breakfast scrolling on TikTok. Her favorite creators we're giving her the best laughs. Kasey just walked into the room where Allie was sitting. "Guess who will be joining us in the escape room. " 

"Who?" replied Allie sitting up in her chair. "Tyler" Kasey said sitting next to Allie. 

"How do you know what my brother is doing before me?" Allie asked turning her phone over and placing it on her knee. " He texted me saying he was still in Brighton, he just left Newhaven a few days ago. " She responded reading the text aloud from her phone. 

"Hey, Krista! How far is Brighton from Kent?" Allie yelled to her across the house. 

"Not sure love maybe a bit over an hour. Why what's up?" Krista said now walking into the living room. 

"Tyler is there and Kasey invited him to join us today," Allie responded. 

Krista, Kasey, and Allie just met up with Tyler outside of the Pottermore Escape Room Experience. "Oi, welcome to Pottermore Escape. First timers?" says the guy who greets them at the door. His name tag says, James on it. He was wearing a black cloak with an oversized hood over his head. You can barely see his face and he's clasping his hands in a menacing way. Just then he lets out a laugh while pulling his hood off. "Relax, relax this will be fun!" he then says. After going over a few safety rules and setting the timer. Allons y! let's get started..... 

Walking into a dark room, suddenly the lights come on. Around them looks like the inside of a steam train. There is luggage stacked in one corner, long brown seats, a tall wardrobe in another corner, and a crooked window that looks half-cracked. 

"Ok...what do we do now?" asks Kasey a bit confused. "Let's check the luggage for a clue. I'll look over here and why don't you try the wardrobe." Tyler offers. A few minutes passed and Tyler yells out " Got it!". He opens an envelope that bears a scarlet seal with a crest inside. The letter reads: 

Hidden in plain sight, be careful not to miss me. Follow the steps to discover your destiny! 

Allie looks over to a framed picture..."There! Follow the steps they must mean the Maurader's map!" "Nice work Al!" Kasey says giving her best friend a high five. Krista goes over and takes the map from the frame off the wall. Once she fully removes the map the group hears the loud hissing of a train coming to a stop. In the middle of the room, a small table emerges from the floor. On the table presents a tangram puzzle, with instructions on a scroll. It read:

One player puts on the blindfold, the others may lend an ear. Solve the puzzle before you,

 but do it without fear. 

The group elects Allie to solve the puzzle since she is the best under pressure. A few minutes passed and they have completed the picture in front of them. The tangram pieces revealed an image of the Slytherin house. Suddenly a drawer under the side of the table shoots out. In the drawer reveals a hoop, quaffle, bludger, and one broomstick. The following clue reads:

I am the youngest in a century to do my job well. Quick eyesight, focus, and determination never fail. 

"Harry. Harry Potter!" yells Kasey. A game show bell sounds with 3 dings. A crowd cheering can be heard, over the intercom, they hear 35 points to Hufflepuff!!!! The next clue slowly falls from the ceiling. Golden and glittering it has a message to reveal. However, upon inspection the group sees nothing. "Oh great, now what do we do?" asks Kasey bummed out. 

"Hmm...isn't there a spell used to reveal anything hidden?" asks Krista. 

"Revelio!" shouts Tyler and Allie together. Just like magic the words slowly appeared:

You're doing well, but time will tell. Meet me in the lavatories I will share with you all my stories. 

The walls transform to show the backdrop of the castle walls and the girl's lavatory that Moaning Myrtle haunts. The group so far has been doing amazing and finally, they are close to the end. There is a sound of thunder cracking. A swirl of rustling wings flapping fills the room around them. "The wands!" Tyler calls out. 

"Pull out your wands!".  Kasey yells out, "LUMOS!". Suddenly the lights return. They see keys flying all around, but only one can be used to leave the room. With the counter ticking down, the group grows into a panic. Finally, Krista spots a key that looks very different. She grabs it...The group races to the dungeon door. As she puts the key in nothing happens. She turns to the right and then to the left. 

"Damn it!" Krista grunts turning back to her team. The timer reads 5 mins and counting. 

"We're missing something," Kasey says frantically looking around. 

"How do you open a door?" Allie whispers to herself. 

"huh?" asks Tyler. 35 seconds remain, and Allie pushes her way to the front of the group. Points her wand and shouts, "Alohomora!!!!". 

The time runs out just as the door opens. "Well done, almost didn't think you'd all make it. " James said with a wide toothy grin. "You did it! Want to get some pics done?" The group lined up holding various signs celebrating their win. One sign said, "My father will hear about this!" another "The one who lived, has come to win", "Mighty beast of the room", and "I solemnly swear I am up to no good!". 

Overall the day was a smash, they wrapped up the night with tacos and drinks! 

✨AN: Wanted to throw in something fun ...hope you all are having a great week! Any ideas on where our girls should go or do next? Until next time in the words of my favorite doctor #10...Allons y!  ✨