What he doesn't know...

A few days later, Tyler called Allie about Richard's birthday. The two needed to discuss his annual birthday party. Tyler hasn't spoken to his dad since the Christmas party last year. Emma has tried unsuccessfully to get the two back over to the house. Carlos has been over helping Allie redecorate now that Kasey has finally left. 

Carlos, "I can't believe how much crap she left behind. What am I her maid?" He crosses the room with another bag of junk: old mail, a few shirts, books, and more.

"I know...just chuck it all!" she responded distractedly. "Is it weird, that I kind of miss her?" she added looking at Carlos with concerned eyes.

"No....no. Allie, there is nothing wrong with that, she was your best friend for so long! To be honest Im still confused as to why she did it. Doesn't seem like her." He added walking over and placing a hand on her shoulder. 

"Pizza!!!!" yelled Tyler coming in from the front door. "You will never guess who I heard from today?" he added excitedly.

As Allie and Carlos emerged from Kasey's old bedroom, Allie asked, "Who?"

"Think back 12 or more years ago. He's tall, ridiculously athletic, has tattoos, great personality, gorgeous brown hair, and deep dark eyes." Tyler said encouragingly to his sister. 

With widened eyes, it finally dawns on her, "Zeke! Zeke from college Zeke?" she says jumping up and down.

"That's the one...he will be in town tomorrow morning!" Tyler responded.

Carlos sat back trying to keep up with what was being said, who was Zeke and why was he suddenly feeling jealous.

~ The next morning ~

"Babe, where is my good shampoo?" Tyler yelled from the shower. 

"Where you left it? In the shower!" Carlos called out from the kitchen while making his coffee and fully loaded omelet. Music can be heard loudly playing from upstairs. About 20 minutes later, Tyler comes downstairs looking much too nice just to be meeting up with an old friend. 

"Someone looks extra nice this morning," Carlos said, kissing Tyler.

"What! I always look this good." Tyler said grabbing a warm blueberry muffin and making his coffee to go. 

A few hours passed and Carlos decided to go to work and get some things taken care of. Carlos was a Chef at a popular restaurant named McFarlane's, and he was in desperate need of a distraction. 

Meanwhile, Allie was out running errands, today was her day off. She worked as an elementary school teacher, with a specialization in foreign languages. Her next stop was at a cafe nearby. 

"Next!" shouted a way too familiar voice from the barista's counter. 

"You have to be kidding me...whatever," Allie mumbled with a sneer. "I'll take a mocha latte hot, large please," she added placing the exact change on the counter. The barista rang up the order and took the money.