Finally back where I should be...

It was early Friday morning and Allie was texting Dermot. His flight from Chicago just landed 37 minutes ago. 

Allie: Hey hope your flight was ok, I can't wait to see you!

Dermot ❤: Hey beautiful! Wasn't too bad, be there soon enough. Miss you!

Allie:  😍 How is touring back in the US going?

Dermot ❤: Not too bad, got a few weeks off to spend with my favorite person. Then a little under 28 shows remaining. Mom and Dad are flying Riggins out to the Boston show. 

Allie: Tell your mom, I said hi next time you talk to her.

Dermot ❤:  Of course, 45 mins away. See you soon! 

Allie: Great, dinner will be done by then. See you   😍 💋

Dermot ❤: See you.

The clock just turned 8:34 and Allie heard a car door close, she wiped her hands on the half-tied Tardis-themed apron; she had wrapped around her waist. It took her 2 1/2 hours to cook one of his favorite meals. It had been 32 days (but who's counting?) since she has last seen Dermot. They managed to make a long-distance relationship work, which with his schedule has felt damn near impossible at times. But to Allie, it was all worth it, for the moments like this one. 

She turned to the door as she heard keys jingling, slowing the knob turns and the door opens. Hardly containing herself, she ran to him and embraced him in a hug. Dropping his bags he pulls her into his arms. They held on for what seemed like an eternity. "You have no idea how much I've missed ya." he breathed as they finally released looking into each other's eyes. As Dermot reaches up and cups her left cheek, he kisses her. 

"Im so glad you're home, I never want you to leave again!" she whispered on the brink of tears.

"My heart is always here with you. No one and no distance can change that," he responded sweetly. 

~Time hop to after dinner~

Dinner was amazing as usual. Dermot shared pics from the road and Allie updated him with the details of her new job. The two have decided to change into their comfy clothes. Allies go to consist of one of Dermot's t-shirts and her fav shorts.  Dermot went with his favorite dark blue sweatpants and Charcoal gray short-sleeve shirt. He never took his necklaces off, so they added a little extra to the fit. Turning down the TV a few notches, he clears his throat, "So you know how Boston is my last show for the tour right?" Dermot asked casually flipping through the channels and trying to find something to watch.

" Yea, you mentioned your folks are coming in?" Allie responded turning her full attention to her boyfriend. Folding her legs under her, she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and places her cell phone on the coffee table in front of them. "Why, what's up?" she adds curiously.

"Well, I went ahead and put you on the VIP list. Jerry knows to look for you. I'd love for you to come that night, It would mean the world." he finally said.

"Done. All you have to do is ask, I love going to your shows. Plus I get to hang out with Riggins and your parents." Kissing Dermot on the cheek, she grabs the remote from his hand. Snuggling up she chooses a movie and the two watch together. In response, he kisses the top of her head. 

~ Time hop- a few hours later~

It was 2 am and Allie had already fallen asleep. Looking over sweetly, Dermot decided to carry her up to bed. He would join her, but he was wide awake. He was planning something huge, something that would change his life, for the better. After climbing the stairs, he laid her in bed, covered her up, and kissed her forehead. Just as he did, his phone started to ring. "Shit," he whispered to himself as he left the room as quietly as possible.