It can't be over

"Over....?" Allie murmurs as if trying to make the words make sense in her head. Did she want it to be over? Was she unsure of what they had? Would this be the end...

                                                                                    ~4 weeks later ~

Tyler and Allie were currently sitting in an all too familiar room. The family room of their parents' house. The room held all the coats, bags, and purses of the family. It smelt like mothballs and a peppermint explosion. The family had come from all over to grieve with the Carlyles. Richard had passed around 2 weeks after the Boston show. The doctors say it was a sudden attack in his sleep, officially he died from a heart attack. At the moment there was no cause. This angered Tyler and Allie, how did a man go from perfectly ok? Running daily, golfing on weekends, and enjoying retirement. To die in his sleep?? What a messed up way to go out. No explanation, nothing! Tyler has been fuming for the last 48 hours, short temper and all. Carlos took off this week and has been trying his damnest to get Tyler through this. Last night was the worst outburst so far. Tyler trashed his apartment, tried to start a fight at the bar, and has pretty much cussed out anyone who messaged him condolences online. 

Allie on the other hand was a shell of herself. Richard wasn't always as close to them but he was still their father. On her phone, several messages started with the intent to send to Kasey, but they lay in the inbox undelivered. Even after all this time the only person she wanted to reach out to was her. After all who knew her better? Emma enters the room.

"Allison! Stop slouching and go talk to your aunt Carol. She's been asking about you and you know she can't move as well as she used to. "Tyler..." she stopped talking as quickly as she began. She fanned her hand in nevermind and shook her head. In response, Tyler just stared at her. Pleading almost begging for her to say one more word. Any excuse to finally snap. Carlos being the ever-vigilant guy he was quickly crossed the room.

"Emma..I hate to mention it but doesn't it look like we are running out of drinks in the other room." attempting to divert her attention elsewhere." 

Emma scoffs and begrudgingly walks into the other room. You can hear her yelling at Susan to get more drinks immediately. Carlos sighs in relief. Just then the doorbell sounds. Susan is now briskly walking to get to the door before the next ring. Minutes later a familiar face saunters in the room quietly. Followed by the sound of a woman clearing her throat.

Allie looks up to see none other than a familiar blonde with a somber face. "Kasey" she finally spits out in confusion. "Why...why are you here?" her confusion melts into anger. "After everything you've done to me, Tyler and Dermot ! You have the gall to show yourself today of all days."

"Al, I...I came when I heard the news. I know you may hate me but I also know that you need me. We have been friends for so long, Richard has always felt like my dad as well. I know I messed up but please let me stay." Kasey pleaded her case, tears welling up in her eyes. "Please. forgive me, Allison. Please." 

Folding her arms across her chest, Allie gives in. She drops her shoulders and stands up. Her face is so stoic that she shows no emotion. Kasey flinches once Allie is within arm's length, she nervously shifts her eyes quickly over her trying to guess her next move. Allie takes her arms and throws them around Kasey, embracing her in a hug. Kasey lets out a sigh of relief as she returns the gesture. "You're not out of the dog house, but thanks," Allie says. The girls exchange smiles.

"So Dermot..." Kasey started. Allie threw up her hands and shrugged her shoulders. 

"Let's just get through tonight," she responded. 

Time hop to the next day

Last night ran until 3 am Emma made only seven speeches which is a personal best. Tyler ended up fighting with a few cousins after drinking way too much. Kasey, Allie, and Carlos went into overtime trying to stop fights, play host, and keep the sanity overall. Who would have thought that 3 days after burying someone everything would go to shit.