CHAPTER-2

Xander woke up at dawn and cracked the bone in his hip and limbs

Xander woke up at dawn and cracked the bone in his hip and limbs. Stretching out his body he yawned. Looking towards Feyre he saw her sleeping peacefully. He silently slipped out of his small room without waking her. His father is still asleep in his cot near the fireplace. He ignored his father and set off towards main door. When he opened the door winter mist kissed the skin of his naked torso. Xander shivered and stepped out. He isn't exactly lean or muscular. He is what someone calls a fair boy. With gold brown hair which he shares with all of his sister and grey eyes he shares with Nesta and Feyre, he is a pretty good looking boy. Besides he has the most charming smile. His smile practically melts the heart of most girls and some boys too. He had a single relationship in his life, nothing serious. He decided against having a serious relationship. He has to take care of his sister's need first and then he can concentrate on his needs.

Xander splashed cold water onto his face which made him hiss at the contact. He stood there and admired the rising sun. The front door opened. Xander thought it was Feyre, but to his amusement Nesta stood there, with a axe in her hands. Nesta looked like she was going to kill someone in reality she was going to chop woods. Xander didn't say a word to Nesta after last night's argument. He won't give in easily. So does Nesta.  Xander walked back inside after completing his morning routine.

By the time he got in his father was awake and sitting in his armchair near the fireplace. Elain was preparing bread and tea for breakfast. He slid onto the table and plucked the cup of tea from her hands. "Good morning" he said as he sipped the tea. "That was mine" groaned Elain. "Oh, is it?. I didn't notice" he said sarcastically and sipped. Elain muttered something along the lines 'grown baby' and made another cup for her. The twins sat and sipped the tea silently for a few minutes. Xander knew it will only be a few minutes before Elain brought up last night's argument. So he waited. "Don't you think you were a bit harsh on Nesta last night?" She asked as she heated her hands using the warmth of tea cup. "And she wasn't hard on Feyre?" Xander retorted. Elain didn't say anything. "Trust me Elain. Nesta, will marry the most brave man in the world and that man is not Tomas Mandray" he said as he tucked her curly locks behind her ear. "Besides do you truly believe that he can put up with Nesta Archeron? He might think he can but he will be scared shitless within days" Xander said laughing, Elain laughed along with him this time. Elain and Xander have this connection that no other siblings has. It might be due to the fact that they are twins, whatever it is they can never be angry at each other for a long time. "Gods how can you sit without shirt? I am freezing inside my blankets" Elain said noticing that her brother is half naked. "That my dear sister is part of my training" he said and flicked her nose. With a final kiss to her forehead he left to his room got dressed and woke up Feyre .

After waking up Feyre they both started working on the meat. They worked in harmony and completed the task in record time. "That is the fastest we have cleaned a doe Feyre" said Xander as he washed his hands in water to get rid of the blood. "That's because you ate a whole lot of meat yesterday, Xander" Feyre said as she washed her hands. "Ouch you wound me sister" Xander said and clutched his heart in mock heart. Feyre rolled her eyes at her brother's antics and went inside.