Chapter-11

"Bring her back before nightfall" Xander said as he stood on the threshold of his house

"Bring her back before nightfall" Xander said as he stood on the threshold of his house. Watching his sister standing with her fiancé Greyson. "Of course Xander" Greyson agreed. The pair turned around and started walking towards the gate. "And keep your hands off of each other" Xander shouted. Elain's cheeks flushed deep red which didn't have any connection to the outside temperature.

Nesta's eye narrowed as he  plopped down beside her and rested his head in her lap. He crossed his legs and let it hang in the air. "I am tired Nes" he sighed. Days and days of training amateurs boys has taken a heavy toll on him. And minding the family's affairs while his father was away. Xander hasn't had a moment to take a step back and breath. Besides he has to worry about the impending doom of war. And the mortal queens. And his sister. And his other two sisters. He sighed.

Nesta's hand found it's way into her brother's hair. She massaged his scalp with her long slender fingers. Xander almost moaned at the feel. He exhaled heavily as Nesta's hands did their magic and relieved the tension in his scalp.

"Do you think the mortal queens would agree?" He asked Nesta at some point. "They have to" Nesta said. Her gaze distant and calculating. "What's on your mind Nes?" He inquired her. "Nothing for you to worry about" Nesta dismissed him. He sighed again. Nesta didn't want to add extra problem to her brother's plate. He is already juggling many. She has to take care of it herself. And she will.

"I am going to take a bath" he declared and stood up in his seat. He looked down at his sister. A lump forming in his throat. What if he fails her too? What if he fails Elain too? What if he fails Gavin? Robert? Greyson? Others of the village? His eyes glossed as his mind raced with thoughts. He reached behind his back and took out a single ash dagger and handed it to Nes.

"Keep it with you please" he pleaded his sister. Nesta took the dagger silently and pocketed in her gown. He bent down and kissed her forehead.

After a much needed bath Xander stood in front of his bath mirror with nothing but a towel around his waist. He examined his body closer. He may have gained some weight but the stress of living has caught up with him. Dark circles were prominent under his eyes and bruises from training littered his torso. He exhaled heavily and made his way out side of the bathroom.

"Fuck" he cursed loudly when he saw an Illyrian male casually lounging in his room. Looking around his bookshelf. His shadows dancing around his body when they sensed him. Azriel whipped his head to look at Xander when his shadow sang that beautiful melody he has been hearing since his first visit. Azriel has had his fair share of lovers in his life. Both male and female. But nothing, nothing can beat the beauty of Xander Archeron. Azriel cringed about the consequences he would have to face if Feyre found out about this attraction. He has to tear his eyes away from the water dripping tight abs of Xander to look at his breath taking squared jaw. His hair was in disarray. Brown locks falling into his face his one hand gripping the towel and the other hanging freely. When Azriel looked at the familiar grey eyes something inside him exploded. Like a bull breaking free of its rein. Like a river breaking the dam. Like a volcano erupting after laying dormant for centuries.