Chapter-13

Xander paced the length of his living room as he played different scenarios on how he could tell everything to Gavin

Xander paced the length of his living room as he played different scenarios on how he could tell everything to Gavin. In his mind each one ended more horribly than other. He exhaled heavily as he plopped on the floor before the sofa where Elain was sitting.
"It will be fine Xan"
He sighed. Gavin sauntered into the living room as usual. An air of lightness radiating off him. "You know when you told me to meet you here I was expecting something like you are going to throw a party or some" Gavin said. His smile faded when he saw Xander was not amused by him.
"Ok what's going on?"

Xander contemplated on how to tell him. "Feyre has been made fae" he blurted out without thinking. Idiot. Elain placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed.
"What?" Gavin blinked.  Xander exhaled heavily and explained everything to him. He waited for Gavin to say something.

But he didn't expect Gavin to sweep him into a hug. "I am sorry Xander" he said. His eyes were glossed over. "What are you sorry for?" Xander asked him. What could he possibly be sorry for?
"I was supposed to be your best friend and you are like family to me. I didn't even notice you all going through something like that" Gavin sighed. Xander smiled. "It's alright Gavin. No one knows outside the three of us. Not even our father". And it's true the siblings never told their father about what happened to Feyre. They decided to withheld informing him till he reached home. All they said in their letters were that Feyre was fine and doing well.

"Still"

"Ok stop this. Do you wanna spar?" Xander asked him trying to cheer up the man. Gavin nodded his head. "You go ahead I will change and catch up to you" Xander said and made his way to his room.

Nowadays Xander was used to finding the shadowsinger sitting on the sofa and reading some of his books. An instant smile graced his lips when Azriel's hazel eyes met him.
"Hello Azriel"
"Hello" Azriel's deep voice resonated in the other vice silent room. Xander smile only widened despite the worry he was feeling. When he was with Azriel he was at peace.  Complete opposite of what he was feeling inside. The shadows caressed his hands and crawled up to his face and tickled his sides. Causing him to giggle which sounded foreign to him.

For Azriel hearing him laugh or giggle or even snort sounded like musics far better than the ones he heard in Velaris. As usual his shadows were acting out of his control when they saw Xander. It's like they were just attracted to him like  iron getting attracted to magnet. Hissing things in his ears they would do to him. Causing Azriel's cock to get painfully hard in his training leathers.  When he gets home every single night after his visit to mortal lands Azriel would relieve himself at least three times. Imagining that it was Xander's mouth and fingers doing the deed. Never in his five hundred years of living Azriel felt like this.

Yet the thought of Xander accepting the mating bond scared the living starlights out of him.

He would have to touch Xander with his scarred hands. He would corrupt the pureness and innocence of Xander's soul with his damned one. He wasn't worthy of Xander's love if it comes to that point. He was a bastard. He is darkness, death and pain. Xander was full of life. His soul was pure. Azriel couldn't to corrupt it. Not now or ever. He would wait till Xander falls in love with someone else. He would wait for Xander to live out his mortal life. Filled with love and joy. Which he wouldn't be able to give him. The thought of his mate with other boiled his blood. But he would have to accept the fact that Xander would never be his. He wouldn't allow Xander to be his.