Chalter-21

"So loud and so early," Xander groaned

"So loud and so early," Xander groaned. He slumped deep into his seat and closed his eyes. He had a blissful time sleeping despite the nightmare he had earlier in the night. That is until Rhys woke him up with a shit eating grin on his face. "It's eight in the morning Xan," Rhys told him as he sipped on his coffee.

"Precisely my point. Can I get a little bit of rest before you start torturing me again?" Xander asked him with his best puppy dog eyes which worked like charm every time on his sisters even Nesta. "Feyre told me all about this puppy eyes Xan. And I am not going to give into those looks," Rhys smiled. "You are very boring. And old. Is there any people around here that is my age and not 500 or something?" He asked the people all around the table. All of them started protesting in unison causing him to laugh so much so he started wheezing.

Cassian pushed a plate of pancakes drenched in honey towards him. Xander raised his eyebrows at him. There wasn't any pancakes on the table. Where did he get pancakes? Did he have someone make it? "Eat." It was Azriel who said it. One word. Single fucking word. That one had from his mouth sounded like symphony for him.
"But I am full."
"From a cup of coffee?"
"Yeah."

Azriel sighed heavily. "You have been practising your powers a lot lately, my...." the word stood on the tip of his tongue. Az looked around the table everyone was trying very hard to look like they were listening to whatever Amren was saying. But their eyes betrayed them. They constantly drifted to Xander's and his conversation. "It would take a great amount of energy to use such power, Xander. You should eat more otherwise you would exhaust yourself," Azriel explained.

Xander knew it was the truth. He could feel the effect of using that much power on his body. He was becoming thinner and it was becoming incredibly hard to get up from the bed. He pulled the plate towards and dug into it.

When he took the first bite it was like being back at his estate, teaching Robert to hold his toy sword correctly, joking around with Gavin, sitting with Elain sipping the delicious tea made for them. He felt alive. He felt awake. Xander felt like himself. Tears streamed down his face. But he did not care about the tears, he took bite after bite from the plate till there is nothing left. Not even scraps and bits. He felt Azriel's scarred fingers lace under his chin.

Xander was smiling. Xander was smiling despite the tears streaming down his face. "I am full," he whispered. He felt full. Not only in his stomach. There still some part of him which was human once hiding inside him. But he has hope. Hope that he can find those parts and make him whole again.

Azriel wordlessly wiped away his tears and smiled at him. It wasn't a big bright smile. It was satisfied smile of a male who just made his love, eat a plate full of food. It was a smile of a male who just heard the his mate is full. Azriel slowly caressed his cheeks and Waited. Waited for the tears to dry. Azriel wanted nothing more than to lean down and kiss those tears away. But he refrained. He can see clear as a day that Xander too want to do that. Azriel gave him another smile that conveyed that he too want nothing more than that.