CHAPTER-6

The weeks followed were a blur

The weeks followed were a blur. The family moved into the manor five days later. Everyone picked a room. Xander took a room across from his sister's. His room was fairly big with a
large king size bed,with an open balcony overlooking the back garden, a writing desk at one corner, with shelves filled with books reaching upto the ceiling. Books ranging from self defences to gardening and cooking. Thank the old gods he didn't get book recommendation from Nesta. Knowing her he will likely die of laughter if he read such books.

His favourite place in the new manor was the reclining chair and the table in his balcony overlooking the garden.  He would sit in the chair during morning times at hours and read books for hours without even realising. He would do anything to avoid his thoughts about Feyre. During the hard days he would slide into Nesta's bed. Nesta would hold him without any questions and would help her brother through the nights.

Elain was the one who quickly adapted to this life style. She settled into the bedroom opposite to Xander's. Her room was painted a pale pink colour while his was a black. Not that of the black sky one of the shadows. She made her room look like one straight out of fairy tale. With plants lining the window swill and a vanity with different items. A walk in closet with different kind of dresses. She would work in her garden for hours much to the maids dismay. But she has all the maids wrapped around her fingers. Xander would woke up to the smell of cosy tea made by her twin every morning which won't fail to bring a smile on his face.

Nesta on the other hand  was much like Xander. She had that belief that if she didn't think about Feyre she would really be at the non existent aunt's house. She took the room next to Elain's. Which has a similar overlay of Xander's with the same study table and bookshelves. But the books there will make anyone's toe curl. Nesta was skeptical about the whole ordeal at first. Then she slowly stated to warm up. Spending time reading her books, asking and learning about trades from her brother. She even gave half hearted suggestions to her father about investments and trade routes.

The last snow melted as spring approached. Elain rose garden bloomed beautifully making the manor smell pleasant. Elain was tending to her plants when Xander came back from his training with Gavin or that's what his family has been thinking. Xander saw Elain tending to her plants focusedly. A wicked idea formed in his brain and a smirk formed in his lips. He made his way to his twin silently. He lifted his fingers to his lips and gestured for Farah Elain's assistant in gardening to remain silent. He snaked his hands around Elain's hip and lifted her off the ground. Elain shrieked and flailed her arms and legs in air successfully kicking her brother in shin. Bringing both of them to ground.

"Elain" coughed Xander. Struggling as Elain laid on top of him. "Xander you absolute idiot" fumed Elain as she stood up and dusted her dress. Xander turned on his side and coughed before standing up. "I hoped that I can throw you over my shoulders and parade around the village Elain. But I clearly underestimated your weight" Xander said as he rested his hands on his knees. "Are you calling me fat brother?" Asked Elain as she took the water bucket in her hands. "I said no such thing" said Xander still not looking up. When he rose to his full height he was drenched in water. Elain and Farah bursted out laughing. "You are going to die" said Xander lowly as he dove for another water bucket. Elain took off into sprint towards the back entrance with Xander hot in her heels.

Xander pulled the bucket back and launched the water in air. Time seemed to slow down as the water soared towards Elain. Elain's eyes were wide as she took a side step. Time resumed to normal speed when the water hit Nesta's face. Everything thing seemed to stop. Even the buzzing of bees in Elain's garden. "Run" was the only thing Nesta said as the twins took off in the opposite direction with Nesta taking long strides to catch her younger siblings. Nesta took hold of the water hose and aimed it towards Xander. Xander anticipating the attack used Elain as a shield to protect his body from water. Elain shrieked as the cold water hit her face. Nesta dropped the hose and ran to catch her brother. She took hold of his tunic and yanked him to stop. "Ok. Ok. You got me will you let go of my tunic now" said Xander accepting his defeat.

"Who started this?" Asked Nesta like a mother. "Him". "Her" both Xander and Elain said at the same time. "He threw me on the ground" said Elain pointing her finger at her brother. "She poured water all over me" said Xander as he gestured to his damp tunic. Nesta tried to keep a stern face but she found it really hard when all she saw was two small children pointing their hands at each other. Her lips quirked up just for a second which Xander and Elain both noticed. They both started laughing hard making Nesta roll her eyes.  Soon she ordered both of them to go and clean up  for dinner. Both of them obliged and went into the house with Xander's arm slung around Elain's shoulders.

Dinner was great as usual. Everyone seemed to be in good mood. So Xander taught it might be a good time to talk with his family. "I want to tell you all something" Xander said after clearing his throat. Nesta looked up from her seat and raised her eyebrows. "Please tell me you didn't get a girl pregnant" said Elain earning a glare from her brother. "What is it Xander?" Asked his father as he removed his reading glasses. "Gavin and I are going to stop our training and we are going to teach the children in the village" Xander said as he looked at Nesta whose face was unreadable. "Teach them what?" Asked Elain. Intrigued by her brother's idea. "Everything. Self defence, reading, writing, music if they have interest. What ever they want to learn" said Xander confidently. "That's amazing Xander" said Elain. "It really is son. I am proud of you" said his father. Xander didn't know what to say. So he turned towards Nesta. "Nes" he called. "When did you became so mature?" Asked Nesta like she was holding back tears. Xander smiled at her question. "I might need all of your help if I want this idea to succeed. Elain I might need you teach them about plants and everything you know. I already talked with Issac about this. He told me that he be would very happy to teach the children about gardening"  Xander said excitedly. "I would be happy to help Xander" Elain said and hugged her brother.

Soon Nesta Elain and Xander piled in Xander's room to form a curriculum to teach the children. Gavin joined them shortly. It was decided that Xander and Gavin would teach self defence, with Elain handling gardening and Issac handling farming. Xander was shocked when Nesta volunteered to teach them how to study. Xander told her that he needs to be there so that Nesta won't terrorise the children. Which earned a slap on his head.  But everybody present there knows it's the truth. The siblings bid their goodbye to Gavin and decided to settle for the night. That night Nesta told them that she was going to reject Tomas Mandray's  proposal of marriage. Finally things seemed to look up for the Archeron's. Except one thing. Feyre. Xander tried not to think about her and found comfort in his sister's lap.

Xander woke up to the smell of Elain's freshly brewed chamomile tea. He slipped out of Nesta's bed and brushed his tooth and drank the tea. He took a bath and dressed in a freshly pressed tunic. He made his way down the steps and saw Elain and Nesta waiting for them. They all sat in silence. Xander's head was filled with so many questions regarding what he was going to do with the children. A knock sounded at the door and all the siblings rushed to the door. Xander's face fell when he saw that it was only Gavin.

"Don't look like that. They will come" the words didn't even fully left Gavin's lip when excited chatter of children sounded near the gates of their manor. All four of them filled out front. "Welcome to your class" greeted Elain. Giving them a charming smile, making them at ease. And so the journey of four started..........