Chapter-14

Xander tossed and turned the whole night in his bed without getting a wink of sleep

      Xander tossed and turned the whole night in his bed without getting a wink of sleep. The letters from the mortal queens had made him unnerved. He rode along with the sun on the day of meeting. He took a bath and dressed in a dark blue suit. During the past few days it was like Az and him flipped a switch. Which prevented them both from having a conversation about their kiss. But they both found some means to touch each other.

      The phantom feel of Azriel's lips was still there wrapped around his. He desperately wanted to dive into his honey eyes. He wanted to tug at his dark locks as their tongues battled each other. No matter how strong he fought it would always be a loosing battle. His love for Az made him realise that much.
He fell slower and he fell deeper. Azriel didn't have to train a human boy in battle and teach him the weak points of fae and how to kill him. He didn't have to allow a mortal to jab him with daggers and toss him around. He didn't have to fly him to the training ring and bring him back. He didn't have to promise himself to him. He did that all. These are the things that made Xander fall for the shadow singer.

        Xander was there when Elain and Nesta made their way down stairs. They sent all the servants home for the day. A couple of smiles from Elain and all of them were gone. None of the siblings had any breakfast that day. The mood was sullen. Xander's usual smile wasn't present in his face. Elain kept checking the front door once in a minute. Nesta scowl was a centimetre deeper than usual. No one has said a single word to each other since sending the servants home.

       Feyre expected her brother notice the change in her at once. But she didn't expect her brother to just stand there and give her a small smile. It was obvious why. Azriel stood near him and Cassian stood near Nesta. Elain stood between Xander and Nesta. Rhys took her hand and gave it a small squeeze. This small action caught her brother's attention. His grey eyes snapped upto Rhys' violet eyes. Rhys gave him a single nod with a smile.

      Xander opened his mouth to speak. At the time the mortal queens winnowed in. This time it was only the crone and the golden haired queens. The queens slid their eyes all around the room. Not missing the hands of Rhys and Feyre.

      "We appreciate you taking the time to see us again" Rhys greeted the Queens. The golden queen gave a curt nod. The crone examined all of them with narrowed eyes. She huffed. "After being so gravely insulted last time...." She threw a glare towards Nesta and Xander. Nesta and Xander returned her gaze with a fire so intense enough to burn forests down. "We debated for many days whether we should return. As you can see three of us found the insult to be unforgivable."

     A scoff threatened to slip past Xander's throat. Azriel's hand flew to hold his wrist back before Xander could do something. He turned his gaze to Azriel's. The conversation of the queens became distant for both of them. Xander couldn't explain the odd tug in his chest whenever Azriel looked him in the eye. It's like his heart knew it wants Azriel more than anything.