CHAPTER- 4

Sun was shining brightly by the time Xander woke up next morning

Sun was shining brightly by the time Xander woke up next morning. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up. He planted his hands behind his back  and hissed when a pain shot through his left palm. He frowned at the cloth wrapped around his hand. He took off the cloth and looked at the deep cut in his palm. He couldn't remember how it happened. He noticed his surroundings. He slept in his sisters's room and he was covered in Nesta's blanket. His sister's where nowhere in site. He got out of the bed and sniffed himself. He smelt good, but he didn't remember taking a bath last night. He went out of the bedroom and saw Elain at the breakfast table and Nesta sitting near the fireplace and reading. His father sitting in his armchair as usual.

"Good morning" said Xander as he took a seat near his twin sister. "Morning" said Elain. He took the tea cup she gave him and sipped the tea. "Hey Elain" said Xander after few sips. "Hmm" said Elain looking up. "Do you know how my palm got splintered?" He asked his sister. Elain frowned. "I don't know. I thought you fell down or something in the forest" she said and looked a little confused. Nesta's eyes widened. "You don't remember" said Nesta quietly. "Remember what sister?" Xander asked Nesta. "Nothing. You said you got your hand spliced when you were climbing tree with Gavin" Nesta replied without looking up from her book.

Xander frowned. He hasn't seem Gavin in weeks. This wound still looked fresh. He placed the cup of his tea on the table. That's when he noticed. Feyre. "Where is Feyre?" He asked particularly no one. "Did you drink too much Xander?" Asked Elain. "No I didn't" Xander said offended. "Are you not feeling well?" Elain examined her brother's face. "I am perfectly healthy Elain. Now tell me where Feyre is," demanded Xander. "She left to take care of your Aunt Ripleigh" his father said. Xander squinted. "Yesterday night. She left" he finished. Xander didn't remember anything about having an aunt or Feyre leaving to take care of the said aunt. He caressed the table. Something felt wrong. The table he was sitting looked odd. Xander examined it closer.  It doesn't have the painting of vine and foxglove Feyre did.

Suddenly an image of a beast turning the table upside down flashed in his mind. Xander stood so fast that he knocked down the chair. Elain opened her mouth to say something. But he just shook her head and dashed to his room. Nesta looked after her brother worried. She knew he knew what really happened. But she can't do anything about it. So, she waited.

Xander entered his small room and slammed the door shut. He slid down against it and heavily breathed. There were fuzzy images in his head. Of a beast, him holding his sister close to his chest, Feyre and him crying, her giving him a dagger. The dagger. Xander jolted to his sisters's room and found the dagger. He still doesn't know what has fully transcribed. So he is going to do what he always did to clear his head. He is going to play in small piano, which a wealthy bastard through out as waste and Xander took it upon himself to learn it.

He went to his room and closed the door. He stared at the keyboard and pressed the first note. He started playing. Rising and dropping the notes according to what he was remembering. By the end of it, tears  were streaming down his cheeks. He remembered. He remembered what happened last night. He remembered what Feyre did. What she did to save him. He remembered. He quickly got dressed and gathered all the 58 coppers he saved and got the dagger Feyre gave him and strapped it to his thighs. He gathered some extra cloak and stuffed it in his rucksack. He got out of his room approached were his family were sat.