Chapter-5

The days after Feyre disappearance were a blur

The days after Feyre disappearance were a blur. Xander shut himself of in his room. Only going outside to take bath or nature calls. Nesta or Elain would bring him food. Elain asked her brother what's wrong. He just told her that he caught a flu. Nesta being Nesta tried in her own ways to cheer up her brother. Like placing new books in his bed or talking about Gavin, or buying new music sheets. It helped to a certain extent, but whenever he looked at the drawing of the shadow figure Feyre had drawn on his drawer, he would break down all over again. So he asked Nesta to move that away from his eyesight.

When he got himself out of it he travelled to the wall again. This time alone. He reached the wall and kicked and screamed for anyone to let him in. He broke down again near the wall. He was on his way home from the wall that day.  He saw a man leaving his house smiling. Xander frowned.

"Elain I'm home" shouted Xander as soon as he got inside. He could hear the excited laughter of Elain. "Xander you aren't going to believe what happened today?" Exclaimed Elain. Elain was practically bouncing on her feet. Nesta's expression was unreadable. His father. His were one of disbelief?. "Umm. What's going on?" Xander asked uncertainly removing his cloak. "Did you see the man that left our home right now?" Asked Elain. Xander nodded. "Well his name is Jack. He is a sailor. His uncle is an old friend of our father. He came to ask father to invest in his boats" continued Elain. Xander raised his eyebrows. He doesn't know how his father would have enough money to invest in boats. "At first father was hesitant because the offer was so good. But jack insisted. So father agreed. He gave us a trunk full of gold just for agreeing" said Elain and gestured to where the trunk of gold was sitting. Xander stared dumbfounded.

He walked towards the trunk and examined it. It's true. It's gold. He can't believe it. "You believe this tale, Nesta" asked Xander. Nesta just stared at the gold and back at her brother. Xander scoffed in disbelief. Typical Nesta. Xander turned and walked to his bedroom. Elain called his name. But he ignored her.

He sat on his bed breath heavily. Xander fumed inside. Thoughts were incoherent in his mind. He didn't know what to believe in anymore. His bedroom door opened. "I don't want to talk Elain" he said without looking up. "Well you don't have other choice" said Nesta as she closed the door. Xander looked up from his hands. Nesta was standing near the foot of his bed, her back to the door. "What do you want Nesta?" Xander asked bitterly. "What do I want? What do I want?" Nesta asked with a bark of laughter. "Yes, Nes what do you want?" Asked Xander through gritted teeth. "What I can't come to see how my little brother was?" Asked Nesta. Xander laughed at that. "You want to know how I am doing? Why?" Xander asked seriously. "You are my little brother" said Nesta. "Feyre was your little sister too" Xander retorted. Nesta flinched. "You think if you stop talking about her that she might really be in aunt Ripleigh. I know what really happened. You know what really happened Nes" Xander hissed. "And now you believe all this bullshit?" Xander asked his sister.

At that time all Nesta could see was her baby brother who was desperate for answers about what happened to their sister. "Do you think it's easy for me to pretend like nothing ever happened? Do you think it's easy for me to wonder for past two days that if my brother would come back or not? You have no idea" Nesta breathed. "Then help me understand" Xander's voice broke down.