Chapter-34

"You said we are not going to the cabin," Xander mumbled as he rested his head on his mate's shoulder

"You said we are not going to the cabin," Xander mumbled as he rested his head on his mate's shoulder. His eyes feeling heavy and the taste of acid reflux still stood on his tongue.
"Are you sure you don't want to take rest? We could go there another time," Azriel tried one more time.
"No, I just..." Xander trailed off, "I just want to be normal," he whispered. He wished that he could be normal. Not throwing up during dinners and losing control of his powers at unexpected times.
Xander could see the heart break and pain on Azriel's face. His eyes watered as he kept looking at Xander.
"Anything about you is hardly normal minxie," Azriel told him. The beat of his wings a melody to him. "Normal is ordinary. You are beyond ordinary. And I don't want ordinary," he pressed a kiss to his forehead and started his descent.
"I want you to close your eyes. No peeking and no cheating," Azriel grinned. Despite the pain in his heart. Xander could feel all the things Azriel kept doing through the bond. He was sucking all the sadness right out of him and consuming it whole. Azriel turned to leave but Xander yanked him back. Azriel stumbled in his steps. Xander's mouth was on his in an instant. He poured everything he was feeling into that single kiss. It was searing and star seeing.
By the time they parted they were both breathing heavily. Xander's eyes were closed as he rested his forehead against Azriel's. When he opened them those beautiful hazel honey eyes of his mate were already watching him.
"I know."
Azriel's voice caressed his ears and a tear slipped out of his eye.  He nodded his head and closed his eyes. He let the scent of cedar and mist cocoon him. Azriel kissed his forehead and held him.
"I am ready," Azriel's eyes searched his for any doubts. He smiled at Azriel. Azriel's shadows encased them both and wildly tugged at him.
"Let me," Azriel's hand covered his eyes and turned him around. Azriel guided Xander's every single step in the dark.
"I had a dream," Azriel started. His hands warm against Xander's eyes. "Oh tell me about it," Xander asked him stepping forward feet after feet. Smell of grass and flowers waffled his nose as they both ventured away from the cabin. Crickets chirped excitedly.
"It was you," Azriel chuckled.
"You dreamed about me?"
"Stop interrupting me," Azriel chided him.
"It was you. But not exactly. You seemed older, wiser, your face had a glow to it. You were still hot as hell. No doubt there," a chuckle escaped his lips. "You were standing there and watching someone fight. A girl and a boy," Xander knew what Azriel was trying to say. "Our son and daughter," Xander could feel Azriel's smile. "She had your hair and my eyes. Our son he was an exact replica of you except his eyes too. They were mine but a shade darker. They both had wings," Illyrian children. Their children. If they live long enough to ever see the day. "They were sparing. And the girl was calm and collected," like her father. "And the boy had a mouth pottier than yours." Xander can imagine exactly that. "I was never happier in my whole life than at the moment. I was going to tell you that tonight. And I did," Azriel sounded so happy.
"And I want you to know that minxie," Azriel stopped behind him. Prompting Xander to the same. He turned him around to face him and took his hands off of his eyes. Xander blinked. Azriel's face glowed in the lights. Xander looked around the clearing they were in. Lanterns illuminated the whole area. Lighting up every nook and corner. The ridges on Azriel's faces were prominent. "I would want that with no one but you, minxie. It's only ever going to be you minxie. I don't want anyone else and I don't need anyone else. It will always be you Xander."