Chapter-10

Xander went to his music room after tossing and turning in his own bed

Xander went to his music room after tossing and turning in his own bed. He pushed the stool back and let his finger wander on the keys of the black piano. A knock sounded at the door.
"Come in" he said. The door opened and closed with a click. "Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" Asked his sister. "Why? Do you think it's past my bedtime?" He grinned. "That and you said you are tired" Feyre said and leaned against the piano.
"What do you think about Elain's engagement?" Feyre asked him. Xander looked up at his sister. "I was sceptical at first. But they love each other. His father might be a royal ass, but he is a good man" he replied with a small smile. Silence fell upon the pair as they both sat there.
"I am sorry Feyre for everything" Xander said as he took Feyre's hand. "I know Xander" she smiled. "And I am sorry for how I acted out there. I know what Cassian said was true but....but I can't just let him talk to Nesta like that" he said gravely. "I am not sure if any of your companions took offence" he fidgeted. "Oh don't worry they are oversized babies" Feyre laughed. Xander looked at his sister and smiled.

"Play something for me" Feyre asked her brother.Xander let his fingers glide across the keys and the music filled the room. The music was exactly like Xander's personality. Bright and bubbly with a hint sadness and madness lightly laced with fury. Feyre felt her lungs and brain expand upon hearing her brother's music. Tears flooded down her cheeks as she listened. She felt something unlock within her, a part she thought which was dead, a part of her which was human. She wiped her tears and listened to the music with closed eyes.

"I haven't touched a paintbrush ever since under the mountain. I don't know if I ever could" she said as she looked at her hands. Xander took hold of her hands. "Listen to me Feyre, painting is something that is mixed with your soul. It will always be with you. It may take a long time for you to get it back but you will. You have all eternity with you" Xander said with a small smile. Feyre kissed her brother's hair.

"You should sleep" Feyre told her brother after he stopped playing. "Yes I should" Xander replied and rubbed his sleepy eyes. Feyre helped her brother into bed and covered his body with dark blue silk sheets which reminded her of Azriel's siphons. She combed her brother's hair and listened until his breath become even. Feyre closed the door and went to her and Rhys's shared room.

But both the Archeron's were unaware of the shadow singer, whose ear were filled with the same music Xander played sleeped without any nightmares after a long time.

Xander woke up the next morning to loud arguments. He stepped out of his bed chambers without a shirt and made his way downstairs. Nesta and Cassian were going at it again over tea.
"Dear lord there is two of them" Xander mumbled as he took a seat near Rhysand. "Good morning" Rhysand greeted. Xander grunted something which sounded like good morning. "He is not a morning person" Elain said to Rhysand as she handed Xander a cup of tea. Rhys smiled. Xander took a sip of tea and tuned out the arguments of others.
"Oh stop it you two. My head is going to explode" Xander said as he set the tea cup down. Both Nesta and Cassian snapped their mouth shut and turned towards him. "Nes why don't you go to the town square and post the letter?" Xander said as he looked at his sister. "Fine" Nesta snarled and stood up. "Oh and take Elain with you because Robert's mother told me to tell Elain that she need to ask her a couple of questions" he continued and drank his tea. "Fine" Nesta fired and prepared to leave.

After they left, the males of the house settled in a comfortable silence. "Is Feyre still asleep?" Xander asked Rhysand. "No she is training in the woods" Rhysand said a bit cautiously not knowing  how Xander would react. To his surprise Xander shrugged his shoulders and drained his tea. "Can I talk to you?" Xander asked Rhysand as he placed his now empty tea cup down. Rhysand nodded his head. "Alone" Xander said and walked the stairs. He was seated comfortably in his room. He motioned for Rhysand to take a seat. Rhys sat at the end of his bed.

"I will just say this once Rhysand" he said as he circled his table and opened a drawer. "If you hurt her I will find a way to kill you. I already have a long list of people to kill I don't want to add another name to that" he said as he looked at Rhysand. Rhysand didn't know why he felt unnerved by Xander. "I don't understand what you are talking about" Rhysand said casually. "Oh please save the act Rhysand. I see the way you look at her, if I hear that you pushed her in any way or form I will kill you. I don't care if you are the most powerful high lord alive, I will find a way to kill you and I will make it very painful" Xander said casually and smiled. Rhys just nodded his head awestruck. "Good" with that Xander left his room to the adjoined bath.

After completing his morning routine Xander made his way downstairs to have some breakfast.
"How was the training Feyre?" He asked as he saw his sister. "It was fine" Feyre said with a nervous smile. Thinking about the fact that the attorn have been so near her family. Xander just narrowed his eyes at her and dived into his eggs and fruits.

"Be careful sister and will you please try not to die?" He asked as he hugged her. He just gave Rhysand a devilish smile, hoping he would understand the meaning behind it. Rhys just nodded his head. "I will send Azriel regularly to know about the queen's reply" he said as he looked at the family. "We will be looking forward to it" Xander replied with a smile. Thinking about the male who took leave rather abruptly this morning. "No need to think about that he just had some business to take care of" Rhysand said as he looked at Xander. Xander narrowed his eyes. Wait was he just? "Stay out of my head" Xander exclaimed as he launched a ball of snow towards Rhysand.

Everyone went still from the shock. Feyre's mouth was agape. Rhysand flicked his wrist and a snow ball slammed into Xander's face. "No magic" he screamed as he took a handful of snow launched at him. Soon Feyre and Elain joined them in their little snow ball fight. Nesta just rolled her eyes and went inside. It was Elain who gave up first and plopped down on the snow. Feyre followed and plopped down next to her. Rhysand and Xander were still going at it. Xander got tired and rested his head on Feyre stomach. Rhysand fell next to him. They looked at each other and bursted laughing.

"It was the most fun I had in a while" Rhysand said after he calmed down. "Wow your life must be very busy. This is daily activity for Elain and me" Xander said as he nudged Elain with his leg. "Stop it" she said and slapped his leg.

"We will meet you soon Xander" Rhysand said. With that he launched himself into sky with Feyre in his arms. Xander looked at the sky till he couldn't spot the little black dot. He turned towards Elain. "Well I am off to training sister. Go inside we don't want you to catch a cold" he said and kissed her forehead. He turned around and made his way to the training grounds with a renewed energy. His sister is preparing for the war on the other side of the wall he was preparing on this side of the wall. It won't be much but he can at least make a single warrior in a house hold to protect their own family.......