Chapter-27

Azriel has never been this nervous in his existence

Azriel has never been this nervous in his existence. Neither has he sweated so much in his life. Even in battle field. But the prospect of facing Nesta Archeron and asking her permission to be with Xander was enough to rattle his bones.

He should have done that before claiming him for the whole of Velaris to hear. But neither him nor Xander was in the situation to ask permission. So here he was. Sitting on the roof top of house of wind and letting the evening sun bath him. While his mate was practicing with his brother.

A smile tugged on his lips as he imagined Xander giving hell for Rhysand. It was like watching father and son fighting sometimes. Or most of the times. He was glad. He was glad that Xander could find comfort in Rhys. Not the kind of comfort he could give. No. A parental comfort.

Xander's father was just. He was just there in Xander's pre teens. Doing nothing to help his family hold together. Thrusting the responsibility on Feyre and sat in the side lines. That was the main reason Xander disliked his father. He tried to forgive his father for what happened after they got wealthier. He tried. But he couldn't.

Whenever he saw his father with that golden cane walking and talking around the house, a stab of pain would shoot through him. Did he just let them suffer on their own? Xander had asked Azriel one night. Azriel didn't know what to say to that. So he was glad Xander had a great relationship with Rhys.

Cassian on the other hand though. He was vicious and cruel when it came to teasing Azriel. Rhys had to held him back physically during today's afternoon training. But when Cassian asked Xander if he could join him in bath Azriel lost his shit. He pummelled Cassian into one of the mountains behind the house. He only felt better after releasing all that pent up energy.

But his cock became instantly hard when Xander hugged him all sweaty and dirty from the training. He stood on his tip toes and whispered in Azriel's ears.

"You territorial Illyrian baby."

Azriel without missing a beat transported them to the bathtub in his own bathroom . Where he fucked Xander from the behind.

Azriel shook his head as his cock sprang to life because of the memory. Probably not the best time to have an arousal. Not when he was going to step into lion's den. He stood up and retrieved the romance novel he brought for Nesta and the bouquet of white Lillie's for Elain. He casually asked Xander what Nesta would like to do in her free time. Xander mentioned that Nesta loved to read toe curling romance books. Azriel catching the meaning behind it browsed whole of Velaris to find a suitable book.

Turns out that he could learn a thing or two from romance novels. He had to adjust his pants continuously while going through the books in book shops. Azriel admitted that if Xander ever decided to read romance novels, Azriel would gladly recreate any scenes he wanted. Because he was absolutely a simp for him.

With a single beat of his wings Azriel landed on the balcony with gliding glass doors. Azriel shook his head which was telling him to turn around and never come back. He forced his leg to take steps forward as the glass doors opened. Nesta wasn't sitting in the dining room. She must be in one of the sitting rooms. Azriel released a breath he was holding in. He chugged a cool bottle of water in one go.