Chapter-8

The  days of the ball in Archeron household drew nearer

    The days of the ball in Archeron household drew nearer. Feyre felt that teaching Nesta was like asking rocks to sing and dance. But it helped them both to escape the chaotic nature of the preparation of ball. However her brother was not so lucky. With giving leave to the children of the village, He has nothing good to do. Except train in the backyard in naked torso. Sweat would roll down his chiseled chest and defined abs as he swung his sword around fighting invisible foes and occasionally Gavin. Feyre would routinely catch servants and friends of Elain drooling over her brother. Her brother gained some muscle and shape since he is getting regular food. Feyre's heart squeezed as she taught about how much Tamlin has done for her family.

She wore her golden dangling ear rings which matched the neckline of her dress gown and looked at the mirror. She had come a long way from the poor hunting girl to live in this lavish manner and all thanks to the man she loved. Who she didn't get a chance to say it out loud. She shook her head of these taught and made her way to the stairs. She stood at the top of the stairs and looked down. And there he  stood surrounded by the girls of the town and their mothers. His dark blue suit hugged his body a he flayed his arms and recounted something. Which must be funny because all the girls laughed loudly. Oh who was she kidding?

She descended down the stairs and decided to save her brother. When she reached the bottom of the stairs her brother noticed her and excused himself. Much to the dismay of others.

"You look great Feyre" Xander said as he kissed her cheek. And she did. Her green dress with golden endings looked good on her. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed her brother's cheek who bowed down.
"You don't look so bad yourself brother" she said and dusted off tint in his shoulder. "I know" Xander said and grinned. Showing off his pearl white teeth. She shooked her head and accepted his outstretched hand.

"Ms.Archeron" came a voice. Feyre and Xander both turned around to see a puffy man in his mid twenties with a mop of blonde hair standing there. Xander's jaw ticked as he saw the man.
"Can I have this dance miss?" He asked as he extended his stubby fingers.
"I am afraid my sister promised me her first dance Mr. Gattenburgh" Xander said before Feyre could say anything. "Come on sister" he guided her to the dance floor without so much as a glance at the man.

A smiled danced on Feyre's lips on seeing Xander's behaviour. "Wipe that smile Feyre, will you?" He asked as he twirled her around to the soft music. "Or I might step on your toes" he grinned. "Nesta would be disappointed if you do that. She told me that she spent hours in a row to teach you how to dance properly" Feyre joked. "Oh that was actual physical hell Feyre. My foot was so sore, she is a real peace of art that one" Xander grimaced and gestured to Nesta where she was standing guard to Elain as she spoke with a man.

"I am proud of you Xander" Feyre said as the music slowed and they started swaying. Xander eyes shone. "Thanks" Xander breathed relievingly. "You have grown so much since the last time I saw you. I just wished I could have given you a better childhood" Feyre gulped. "No no Feyre. I am happy with the childhood I got. I wish that I would have got a chance to give you a normal life. I wish that I would have done more" Xander stated. Feyre just smiled at her brother. Not knowing what to say. Xander leaned down and kissed her forehead. "About your high lord Feyre......." Xander started but he saw something that caught his attention. "Oh gods not again" Xander muttered and looked around. "What happened?" Feyre asked slightly worried. "One minute sister" he said and looked around. "Ah. Gavin. Gavin" Xander waved for his curly haired friend. "Dance with my sister, will you?" Xander bossed him and left without an answer. "Hello" Gavin stated awkwardly and took her hands. "Hello" she said back and danced with him. She looked over his shoulder to see Xander taunting a man with a devious smile who was talking with Elain. The man bowed down and left them alone. Feyre smiled and shook her head as she saw Xander started dancing with Elain obvious to what has happened.

Even after two in the morning the party showed no sign of rest. Xander much to his dismay  and other bachelors danced with a handful of girls of the town. They both snuck out of the party and crashed in Xander's room since it is larger than Feyre's.

"Oh you're stinking Xander" Elain screeched as Xander hugged her tightly. "That's because I just got back from a run Elain" Xander said as he chugged the bottle of water brought by Farah. He winked at her as he handed her the bottle back. Farah's cheek flushed as she rushed into the kitchen. "No wonder the girls of town gush over you if you run around like that" Nesta said as she looked above her book. "I just removed  my tunic Nesta. It is hot as hell in here" he said as he fanned himself. "How do you know what hell is like?" Elain asked as she propped on her chin and smiled sweetly. "Because darling I live with demons" he said and stuck his tongue out. Nesta just rolled her eyes and ushered Xander to take bath.

"I am thinking of buying the Beddor estate" his father stated at the lunch table. "Is it up for sale then?" Xander asked from his seat across from his father at the other head of the table. "No but it is rumoured that it soon will be" his father said as he took a swig of his cold orange juice. Xander nodded his head understandingly.

"What happened to the Beddor's?" Feyre asked as she wiped her hands on her skirts.
"Oh it was awful. Their house burned down and every one died. Well they couldn't find Clare's body" Elain said as she looked around. "All of them died. It happened at the dead of night. The day before you came home actually"

Xander watched as the gears in Feyre's mind turned connecting the dots. "Feyre?" their father asked. "Feyre?" his father said again. "Be quiet" both Nesta and Xander hissed at him.

Feyre lowered the hands covering her eyes and held her brothers gaze. "You must listen very carefully" she said hardly swallowing. Her eyes darted to Nesta and back to Xander. "Everything I have told you must remain a secret. You do not come looking for me. You do not speak my name again to anyone" she said looking Xander dead in the eye.

"What are you talking about, Feyre?" his father asked from his seat. Elain uncomfortably shifted in her seat.
"I think something very bad might be happening in Prythian" she said. "Prythian!" Blurted both Elain and her father. "If you won't leave then hire guards hire scouts to watch the wall., the forest. The village too" she went on and rose from her seat. "The first sign of danger, you get on a ship and sail as far south as you can get. Where fairies would never desire" she rose from her seat and went upstairs with Xander and Nesta hot on her heels.

"The High lord" Xander said "one of the night court did it, didn't he?" He asked as he helped Feyre into her room. After explaining to them about the sickness in Prythian Feyre started packing a small satchel.

"There is a better world Nesta waiting for you to find it. And if I ever get the chance, if things are ever better, safer I will find you" she said.
"Don't bother. I am not particularly fond of fairies" Nesta squared her shoulders. "Try to send word once it's safe. And if it ever is this place will all be Xander's. I would to like see the continent" she said and looked at her brother. She rose from her seat and left the room to give them some privacy.
"Xander....." Feyre begun. "Don't" Xander interrupted her. "Say it to me when you come back" he said as he handed her the bow and arrow. Feyre took it and kissed his forehead.

She left the room and her brother. He hated goodbyes and she did too. Xander was determined to not see his village fall. He will keep it safe even if it cost him his life.........