Chapter-31

The townhouse kitchen was a disaster

The townhouse kitchen was a disaster. He shouldn't have said no to Nuela, when she asked him if he needs help with cooking. No he said. Now the pancakes looks like something else. Well His mate would eat it anyway.

Xander took the breakfast tray and made his way to Azriel's bedroom were said male was still sleeping. He slipped inside the door soundlessly and closed the door behind him. Gods if he thought Azriel was handsome during day time he was wrong. Azriel laid on his stomach, his hands folded under his face and his wings sprawled on the bed. His hair messy and his shadows were lazily swaying. His face was relaxed and Xander looked at his mate.

He truly was lucky. To have someone like Azriel. Sure he still has troubles and nightmares, but those nightmares seemed to disappear at the presence of shadow singer. He still haven't told anyone what happened in the cauldron. Every time he tried to open his mouth, it was like someone tied it. He didn't know how he was going to tell Azriel, but he would.

He gently placed the breakfast tray on the side table and climbed in the bed. Azriel's wings adjusted for him automatically, like a muscle memory. Xander kissed all over Azriel's face. But Azriel didn't wake up. Now he was just acting.

"Wake up, shadow singer or you would have to sleep on the floor tonight," he sang in Azriel's ear.
He shrieked loudly when Azriel's grabbed his waist and made him sit on his stomach. He laughed as Azriel kissed him endlessly.
"Good morning."
"Good morning, my little minxie," Azriel continued his path of kisses down his jaw and neck. Xander could feel Azriel getting hard below him. He moaned as Azriel thrusted up into him.

"Wait," Xander pushed him away. Azriel whined in protest. "Don't whine Az. I made breakfast. Eat before it gets cold."
He climbed off of his lap as Azriel turned towards the breakfast. He gauged his reaction as Azriel's took his first bite. Azriel didn't indicate anything about how it tasted. He just kept eating and eating.
"How is it?"
"Really good, love," Azriel said with a mouthful. Xander beamed in happiness.

The lie was worth the smile on Xander's face. Truly Azriel has never eaten something like this. Mother it tasted awful. It tasted like charcoal dipped in syrup and sugar. But Azriel ate it because it was his mate who made it. Azriel would even eat poison if his mate gives him. He completed the whole tray with great difficulty and smiled at Xander.

"Now can we get to what we were doing before?" He pushed Xander back till his head was laying at the foot of his bed. He caged Xander with his arms on either side of his head and his legs between his thigh. Azriel's cock was ready to burst out of his pants when a sudden crash echoed all throughout the house.

"Xander," Rhys roared.
"What the hell was that?" Azriel asked him he was already half way to the door. "Don't. That was Rhys tripping my trap for him," Xander laughed.
The door to his bedroom was thrown open and there Rhysand was. Covered in flour from head to toe. His nostrils were releasing puffs of flour every time he breathed. Xander laughed.
"Gods this is the best prank ever."
Azriel could not help the smile that graced his lips.
"Oh yeah," Rhys started walking towards Xander. Xander darted out of the bedroom in a flash with Rhys hot in his heels. Laughter and his shrieking filled the town house as Rhys chased him down.