Chapter-9

"Straighten your hand and plant your feet wide" Xander instructed as he stood behind the boys of the town who wanted to train

"Straighten your hand and plant your feet wide" Xander instructed as he stood behind the boys of the town who wanted to train. "Now, draw the string back and hold" he said as he started walking around them snow crunched under his black boots. This is what he has been doing ever since his sister left to Prythian again. Training the boys of the town for the inevitable. The threat of Prythian.

"I said hold you dimwit" he hissed as the arrogant bastard Antony fired his arrow and missed it terribly.

"Hold" he said as he stood in the side line along with Gavin. "On my count release" he said as he notched an arrow.

"Three"
He hasn't seen his sister. Or even heard from her.

"Two"
He doesn't know if she is safe. He need to be strong to protect his other two sisters. He has to be.

"One"
The arrow split the air like a hot iron on paper and hit the bulls eye. Two others hit the target along with Gavin. Others hit near or somewhat near the target.
"Twenty laps around the ground" he said as he slung the bow along his back. They all stood still. "Now" he barked. Everyone took off. Gavin laughed. "I know what you are doing Xander" he said as he patted snow off his head. "Well you didn't let me off the hook easily" he smirked as he fastened his cloak around his shoulders. "Where are you going?" Gavin asked as he saw Xander preparing to  leave. "Elain asked me to look for those red mosses that grow in winter near the forest" he said as he tucked the knives in his belt and treaded  through the snow. "Send them home after a bit of hand to hand combat" he shouted for Gavin. "Yes sir" Gavin mocked. He just gave him the finger and continued along his way.

After nearly an hour of cussing and falling down continuously he gave upon finding the mosses and decided to go back home.

On his whole way to home Xander couldn't shake this feeling. He doesn't know if it's good or bad. It was just there to warn him. To be careful. To tread with caution. To be vigilant.

He pushed the door to his home open. "Elain I can't find the damn red mosses you asked for and I am seriously tired of running errands for you" he shouted as he removed his cloak. "You should have seen near the silver creek. Considering I specifically told you to watch out for rabbits there" a voice came. Xander spun so fast he felt the earth around him shift.

"Feyre" he whispered and ran towards her. He lifted her off the ground and spun her around. He tucked her hair behind her ear. Feyre's breath hitched when she noticed her brother tucking hair behind her ear. She doesn't know how her brother would react. She can stand the distaste of anyone but not Xander. Not her little brother.

Xander just leaned down and kissed her forehead. "You're okay" he said and kissed her again. "You're back" he said and hugged her. "And you brought some friends with you" he said as he saw the three men behind her.

Xander's breath hitched as he saw a man surrounded by shadows standing casually with his hands in his pocket. His majestic wings took half of the archway. A single shadow curled around his ear and it looked like it was saying something to him. The man standing near him cleared his throat rather loudly. If the man with shadow was ice he was clearly fire. His rugged feature and boulder like shoulders made him look like a king who has seen a thousand wars. Finally his eyes fell on a rather unique pair if violet eyes. A smile danced on his lips as he saw Xander embracing his sister.