Chapter Three- The Birth of New Bonds

The event was not what Briar had been expecting.

Ever since entering his twenties, Harlow had introduced him to many different people; some were women seeking to make their friends squeal with jealousy over the tall and attractive young man on her arm. Most were businessmen seeking the company and pleasure of someone who wasn't their wife and were their preferred gender. A few were just attracted to the allure of trying something different.

They had taken Briar to all kinds of places; charity events, restaurants, hotels, parties, clubs- just to name a few. Never had he been taken to a... what was it anyway? He really wasn't sure even after Harlow explaining it. So he asked:

"Stephen, what kind of event is this?".

The man whose arm he was linked with smiled at him and chuckled. "Unusual, isn't it?".

That was one word for it. It definitely was not every day Briar saw people learning about safe sex in one corner and browsing dildos of frightening sizes on display in another. Was that a tentacle he saw? If it was, he wasn't going to question it and instead looked away. And then some people were lining up at a buffet like this was all commonplace!

"No need to look so terrified, darling" Stephen laughed, patting Briar's hand that was on his folded arm. "This is an event held every year for those in our community and many others, including BDSM. Would you like to look around?".

His first instinct was to scream no and turn away from the overwhelming scenes. But there was a small voice in him begging Briar to step forward and explore- the event and himself. It was scary but like with all things you are told to stay away from, it was also alluring.

"O-okay" he whispered and was met with a lovely wide grin then led deeper into the fray of people.

The longer they walked and Stephen explained certain things, the more Briar relaxed. At first he had felt deeply uncomfortable, as though people were looking and laughing at him. But then he noticed that out of all the people around him, he was definitely not the one who stood out the most.

Never before had he seen women leading men and girls around on leashes, some kneeling at their feet and even crawling! There were so many different people wearing all kinds of things they would usually be ostracized for yet they all seemed so confident. Accepted. Happy. Hell, he was smacked in the hip by a person wearing a strap-on over a thong- yes, by the plastic penis itself- and when they had stopped to apologise, Briar's outfit and appearance wasn't even given a second glance.

...do I fit it here? Is it okay for me to like the things I do?

"Are you alright, darling?" Stephen asked, stopping his explanation on exhibitionism once he noticed his companion seemed very emotional. The entire evening the tall beauty had been slumping over as through to appear smaller but now he looked about ready to snap his spine or touch his toes.

"Is it not weird for a guy like me to wear stuff like this?".

Stephen frowned and titled his head. "Why would I request for you to wear these if they were weird? Humiliation is not my cup of tea, darling".

"Oh..." he whispered. What was humiliation, he wondered, but quickly pushed that to the back of his head when his companion for the evening tugged his hand.

"Come with me Briar, there's something I'd like you to see".

They walked to a display surrounded by people then stopped. At first Briar wasn't sure why they were there but then, he saw it.

On men and women were beautiful pieces of clothing of all kinds; crop tops, soft jumpers, tight leather shorts and harem trousers. There were corsets, dresses long and short, skirts, bralettes and leggings. Jewellery from dainty studs to ones that draped across the body or attached to nipples and belly buttons caught the light magically. But they all had one thing in common: their models were masculine. Tall or short, breasts or pecks, they were quite muscular and some held a lot of body hair.