Chapter Fourteen- Unnecessary Nuts, Synchronised Socks and Whiskey

It was chaos within the Larson and Meyers household. There was more flour and angst in the air than oxygen, voices hadn't been below seventy decibels, footsteps rivalled the thundering of giants, and this was all within three hours of waking up.

"What are you doing? What if he has an allergic reaction to nuts and we have to take him to the hospital, but he dies anyway, and we go to jail for murder?!".

"Is he allergic to nuts?" Quinn asked, stopping his mixing of the cookie dough.

"He doesn't have allergies but that's not the point!".

"Pfft!".

"WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING, THIS IS SERIOUS!" Jesse screeched, stomping their foot and slapping the counter which only made the softer of his two lover's laugh harder.

Devon sighed and set down his sketching tablet, not able to get any work done, before leaving the living room and entering the adjoining kitchen.

It was carnage far worse than when he had last checked in. Homemade breads and pastries lined the counters, uncooked desserts still within numerous bowls and the only oven they had looked as though it craved the sweet release of death.

"Are we having the entire city over or did I miss the part in your description of Briar where you mentioned he's part troll?".

Four eyes turned to him, one pair filled with amusement and the other with deep irritation.

"Every time I stop making stuff, he accuses me of wanting to starve Briar or hating him. So here I am, three batches of cookies in".

"How many per batch?" Devon asked curiously, perusing around the kitchen island and various foods laying around everywhere.

"Twelve".

"Jesus christ..." he swore, looking up to the ceiling for some sort of divine strength.

"That's blasphemous" Jesse pointed out, grabbing more ingredients and beginning something new.

"We're not religious, Princess" the weary man also pointed out, correctly, and wrestled the bowl from Jesse's freakishly strong grip.

"Hey! What if Briar really wanted that and will now be reduced to tears because you wouldn't let me make it?".

"Oh no, whatever will I do. I suppose I'll just have to live with that terrible shame the rest of my life while you, pet, start cleaning this mess up".

"I'll help since most of this mess was definitely a joint effort. Should I freeze this dough?" Quinn asked, setting the bowl down and undoing his apron with, yes, a naked male physique on it- his own actually.

Jesse really was good at gift giving, it was impressive.

"What kind is it?" Devon asked, pointing his mischievous fox away from the fridge they were sneaking towards.

"Double chocolate and walnut; your favourite".

Fuck.

"... those can stay, the rest is stored".

Jesse gaped incredulously. "Then why can't I finish-".

"Because you don't even know how to make macarons!".

***

If Devon was hoping that whatever virus had been infecting his lover's that morning would fade by lunch, he was wrong; it had mutated.

The kitchen was sparkling once again, safe from the destructive hands of Jesse and the furious bakery of Quinn, but now the bedroom had become a danger zone.