Chapter Twenty-Seven: Replaced, Awaited Results and A First Kiss

The household tried to continue as normal, keeping the atmosphere light and warm. But it couldn't calm Briar's racing mind, thoughts on the doctor's appointment he attended a few days prior consuming him.

The others had been incredible in this time of transition and uncertainty. Not much outwardly changed in their relationship with Briar, they weren't suddenly fawning over him like lovesick puppies or jumping his bones like horny teenagers. It was nice, in all honesty- less pressuring that he had worried it would be. Devon would stand closer now, leaning right over him whenever Briar needed help with work and softly rubbing one of his shoulders. That felt odd the first few times it happened but eventually, the young man came to crave those moments of contact. 

Quinn, as always, was busy painting in the studio or in the kitchen baking up new yummy treats. Only now he asked for Briar's help, standing behind him so those large arms were around his waist. Briar had stiffened the first time, unsure how to respond, but once hearing the soft pattering of the eldest man's heartbeat, he quickly relaxed into the wide chest behind him. And if a good song started playing on the radio, Briar was the one to reach for Quinn's hand to dance.  

The little fox had been the one to accompany Briar to his doctor's appointment. Holding hands and endless jokes streaming in from the smaller submissive, it had helped calm his anxiety incredibly. And even while the doctor asked extremely personal questions, Jesse just held his hand supportively the whole time. Until the examination of course, where the fox had to wait outside. 

Now though, the not knowing was eating him up. They had all spoken and reassured Briar that even should one or more of the tests come back positive, they would never leave him for such a thing. Rather, they would help him with treatment or, if it was a particularly bad one, aid in his new life adjustments. How lucky he felt, surrounded by so much support and gentleness. 

But he was going mad cooped up in the house. Stephen had closed the studio for a week, the man and team needing a break. The article written by Hot Breeze magazine had gone extremely well, thousands of new customers flocking to the online store and thus, items sold out very fast. Now, the designer was taking time away from his sketch books and sewing needles for some creative respite. 

So, when said man called Briar for a day out, he was surprised but accepted nonetheless. 

"If you need anything, give me a call. Alright, Pancake?" Devon asked, spectacles slid down to the edge of his nose and shirt sleeves folded to the crook of his elbow. 

The amount of Professor or Employee fantasies this man feeds into...

"I will, thanks" he smiled in response, lips only widening when the man reached up ever so slightly to press a kiss against the edge of Briar's mouth, right on the corner. 

"Have a good day, love". 

Blushing and feeling like a gooey mess, he rushed out of the house and into the awaiting taxi that soon pulled away from the large home, Devon leaning on the doorway and watching until the vehicle disappeared from sight. 

None of the men nor Jesse had kissed him yet- on the lips. There were plenty of head, cheek, chin and corner of the mouth kisses, but that was all. At first, anxiety had reared its cruel head and implanted the thought that it was because they didn't want to kiss him, maybe because he could be sick. But he had quickly shaken that silly thought away, knowing the truth in his heart; they were waiting on him to make the first move. Even Jesse, the most impatient person Briar had ever met, was waiting. 

How amazing is that? They care about what I want and feel ready for. Even if I do wish one of them would kiss me already...

All thoughts of smooches floated to the back of his mind as he got out of the taxi and walked to the designated meeting place outside of what appeared to be a lavish boutique. It was not hard to spot Stephen, the man wearing a floral printed black suit jacket, the flowers a lovely red-pink colour.