Bonus Chapter: Interview With The Lovers

The woman tapped her pen nervously against the notepad, looking up at the clock before sighing.

"They're late" she grumped; the dog curled up on the round pet-bed to her side not offering any comfort beyond a tired huff.

What a great support companion, she thought sarcastically before leaping in the air as the door was thrown open so hard it bounced off the wall.

"Sorry we're late, Jesse slept in" Quinn smiled apologetically, ignoring the daggers thrown his way by the small person next to him.

"I didn't sleep in-".

"They also made us stop for donuts. So, blame them entirely" Devon added helpfully, "Pet, keep glaring at us like that and we won't be getting takeout on the way home".

They crossed their arms and looked to the floor, frowning heavily while the two dominant lovers took a seat on the large sofa across from the woman.

"It's not my fault the alarm didn't go off... and the bakery was having a sale... thirty percent off and a free drink..." they mumbled.

"Foxy, you forgot your snacks!".

All eyes turned to the open doorway, the man standing there wearing an oversized cardigan that hung off his broad shoulders. Torso encased in a top of a cute tank top in a deep shade of pink. Leggings with deer antlers printed on them clung to his thick legs, and boots that matched the colour of his loose waves of hair were elevated off the floor by a slight heel.

"Briar, they're bullying me" the little fox pouted, looking up at him with wide, adorable eyes.

"Aw, no, really? Wanna sit and cuddle? We're pretty late, so we should sit..."

And after the tallest submissive was sat between his dominants, the smallest on his lap, the woman breathed a sigh of relief. Who knew it would be so hard to get four grown adults to just sit down?

Clearing her throat, she began with a smile, "thanks so much for coming in today. I know this was totally last minute and out of the blue".

"No problem, we don't have anything else planned today" Devon said, polite as always.

"Yeah, we do, the fried chicken-".

"Jesse, want another donut?" Briar interrupted, grabbing the fox's attention as they accepted the sugary treat with a happy hum.

This is going to take longer than planned. Good thing I have rearranged my other appointments.  

"So, do you guys mind if we just get stuck in?".

And after a resounding chorus of 'No's', she opened her folder and readied her things.

"Great! First of all, I have to say the most obvious thing first: Briar, you look fantastic. It's not news to any of us here that you've had a rough time of it, but how is life treating you recently?".

The man brushed one side of glossy locks behind his ear, revealing a few new ear piercings, and smiled widely.

"I'm doing amazing. Looking back on everything that happened, especially those really dark years, it's actually scary how well I'm doing. But that's the wonder of the human mind; how well it adapts, learns and grows. And since I've been lucky enough to be surrounded by people who genuinely care about me, everyday had become so exciting. Now, I wake up happy to be alive and start a new day. I can even run again now! Going back to the gym has been a real sanity-saver".

Scribbling down a few words, she smiled encouragingly. 

"That's fantastic. As you mentioned, having a strong and dedicated support system really can mean a whole world of difference. But that can also be very demanding and taxing on those around you, would you three agree?".