Chapter Thirty-Six: Daddy's Rules

Something wet awoke Quinn, the sensation beginning on his bicep and sliding to his forearm. Groggy, he blinked open crusty eyes and looked at the ceiling for a leak. Seeing no sign of damage or wetness, his eyes cast downward and instantly, the perpetrator became clear. 

Jesse's head rested half on his arm, their mouth gaping and a thick line of drool transferring to Quinn. 

How did I fall in love with this person?

Still, despite the less than idea wake-up-call and rather foul, hot breath being blown into his face, he had to admit that his small lover was endearing, with their small hands clenching the duvet and hugging it to their bare chest. Devon was present too despite his staying up late to work and expecting to sleep on the sofa, his larger frame spooning Jesse and his hand resting over Quinn's heart. 

Once, waking up this way would have made all seem right in the world. Perfect. It had felt that way for many years but now, he could not help but feel something was missing. Briar should have been there with them, but they still had two days to wait for the arrival of the new bed. Had the beautiful man been around Jesse's size, perhaps he could have fit somewhere in the mess of limbs and pillows, but as it was, he was almost as tall as Quinn and broader than Devon.

And his lovers wouldn't have had it any other way, adoring him exactly as he was. 

Not really wanting to go back to sleep seeing as it appeared to be a sunny day, Quinn gently lifted Jesse's head before sliding from beneath it, laying him down on the pillow and successfully getting out of bed without waking the little fox. A Jesse awoken before he was ready was a scary Jesse, and not one anyone wanted to be around. 

Pulling on some comfy shorts with a vaguely similar plain t-shirt, he left the room and out of habit, stopped outside of Briar's room to listen for any indication if he was still in bed or not. Usually there were gentle sounds that came from him when asleep, apparently something the young man was unaware of. They were sort of like soft hums- incredibly adorable ones. Or, if he were awake, the door was often left cracked open slightly, maybe the tapping of a keyboard heard from beyond the door if he stayed upstairs. 

Neither were heard, so Quinn frowned. Maybe his Bubs had gone out? Scratching his head in thought, a memory came to mind of Briar mentioning he had started a diet and exercise routine in preparation for Stephen's summer project. 

Maybe he's at the gym again? I hope he's not working out on an empty stomach like last time. I support his modelling but still, not if it's going to impact his health. 

Considering calling his pretty boy after getting some coffee just to make sure he had at least taken a snack, he began to walk further down the hall when a different sound was heard from beyond the door. A... moan? Now, in any other situation he would have carried on his way, acting as though he heard nothing when the young man came down later that day- If he hadn't heard a sound similar to a muffled cry afterward. Concerned that perhaps someone had broken in during the night and Briar was in danger- despite their security system having not gone off- he opened the door and entered. 

"Ah!" Briar yelped, quickly slamming his laptop shut and looking up from his desk with horrified eyes. A look that Quinn matched with his own alarm. 

"Fuck, I'm sorry for just coming in like that. I thought that- well, it doesn't matter what I thought. I shouldn't have just come in without knocking first at least. Sorry, love". 

"Oh, n-no, that's fine. I don't mind but, um, did you... hear anything?". 

"No" the dominant said a little too fast to be believable. The submissive covered his flaming face, groaning as he slammed his head down onto the desk. Hard.